Morning all, new T5 Shuttle owner

Rod9669

With loads of questions

Ex Taxi / school transport 2.5 manual with 293k on the clock, new engine at 150k apparently. 55 plate, 1 owner from new, tatty but cleaned up ok - couldn't resist at £3.5K. Drives really well, no smoke, going into my local garage Friday for a full all fluids / filters swap-out and check over

Main issues are "what does this button do" as it's had a few mods done and came without a handbook - will probably invest in a Haynes, along with forums like this, to get most of the answers

Will be used primarily as a 9 seater for family trips away, need to change the seats to ISO-fit for the grandkids, got a local place in Swansea costing that up and there's loads on the web anyway

One thing I haven't been able to find out - what's the roof console supposed to look like / have in it? I think this had a CB radio in it at one point, and there's just a (home-made) blanking plate in the recess now. Is the section underneath supposed to open? It's crying out to be a sunglasses holder

Also, I'm assuming it's relatively easy to change the standard tape deck head unit to Android Auto unit with integrated reversing camera?

Diolch

Rod

I put an android head unit in my T5, pretty much plug and play. Running a camera cable to the back was painful as I had a pop top already fitted so not easy to route it through the ceiling, but it works.

With loads of questions

Ex Taxi / school transport 2.5 manual with 293k on the clock, new engine at 150k apparently. 55 plate, 1 owner from new, tatty but cleaned up ok - couldn't resist at £3.5K. Drives really well, no smoke, going into my local garage Friday for a full all fluids / filters swap-out and check over

Main issues are "what does this button do" as it's had a few mods done and came without a handbook - will probably invest in a Haynes, along with forums like this, to get most of the answers

Will be used primarily as a 9 seater for family trips away, need to change the seats to ISO-fit for the grandkids, got a local place in Swansea costing that up and there's loads on the web anyway

One thing I haven't been able to find out - what's the roof console supposed to look like / have in it? I think this had a CB radio in it at one point, and there's just a (home-made) blanking plate in the recess now. Is the section underneath supposed to open? It's crying out to be a sunglasses holder

Also, I'm assuming it's relatively easy to change the standard tape deck head unit to Android Auto unit with integrated reversing camera?

Diolch

Rod
Can you post a picture of your roof console ?
Might help people answer your question.

Pete

Back