Mobile clutch replacement on youtube - transporter shown.

Fluff34567

Swiss member
T6 Guru
This channel came up a few days ago and I saw the guy doing a vw transporter.
I don't like the way of supporting the van but rest of the vid is decent

From 1:25

That guy is defiantly a machine . . .

Transporter is 23min to 53min

28 mins - heater?

29 mins - liking the mobile flooring.

34:20 - oops

Last edited:
dont say much though does he . . . . . lol

and where did he get that derv heater from? . . . i think i need one for camping . .

was going to make one up -but thats ready to go . . . . anyone see them about?

edit: found them . .

Last edited:
Where’s he jacking it up from?

As for laying under a motor all day, I remember when I was fitting my water-tanks and side-bars that come the end of the day, my neck was so tired that I could barely lift my head up off the floor. Fair play to him doing it in the snow!

He is methodical. You can see he's done a few Minis, straight in with the front off. Likewise the T5, drops the N/S side of the subframe a bit, doesn't take it off all the way, pulls the 'box back and secures with bungee cord. Doesn't drop the box out at all, just back enough to get the clutch and flywheel off.

That's all hard work. A clutch a day, every day, on your back, in someone's garden. In the cold cold snow.

Great work on the Vivaro too. I did the clutch and slave in my Vivaro 2.0. Awful job, subframe down, box out to change the concentric slave. Heaviest gearbox I have ever manhandled. B'stard to bleed. Took almost as long to bleed and get the pedal back as it did to change the clutch, also went though 5l of fluid. Soon after that it went and I came here...... :grin bounce:

@Dellmassive - those heaters are on the 'Bay. Same as the my Chinese one, but in a box ready to go;

He is methodical. You can see he's done a few Minis, straight in with the front off. Likewise the T5, drops the N/S side of the subframe a bit, doesn't take it off all the way, pulls the 'box back and secures with bungee cord. Doesn't drop the box out at all, just back enough to get the clutch and flywheel off.

That's all hard work. A clutch a day, every day, on your back, in someone's garden. In the cold cold snow.

Great work on the Vivaro too. I did the clutch and slave in my Vivaro 2.0. Awful job, subframe down, box out to change the concentric slave. Heaviest gearbox I have ever manhandled. B'stard to bleed. Took almost as long to bleed and get the pedal back as it did to change the clutch, also went though 5l of fluid. Soon after that it went and I came here...... :grin bounce:

@Dellmassive - those heaters are on the 'Bay. Same as the my Chinese one, but in a box ready to go;

Awesome, just grabbed one of those heaters . . as you say its All-In-One camping heater in a box.

ill give it a good test in the Solar Shed . . . Heating is one thing that Solar panels arnt very good at . . Gas & Oil all day long for that.

Funny enough this fella came up in my youtube feed also...I've not recently searched anything to do with changing clutches so who knows why google thought i might watch it..but i di, so i guess they were right.

Keep us posted, I’m ready to pull the trigger on one of these:

will do,

i had this one in my basket, but went for the other one . . . seems cheap enough for a test. (and dare i say it safer than the Gas heaters i have?)

1615283527994.png

+++

in the meantime I've been catching up on what's - what with this guy.

very informative above everything Diesel heaters - if you have one of any type its worth a watch.

1615283641434.png

Watched quite a few of his vlogs, as said doesn't say much but he sure knows how to change a clutch. Last time I did a clutch on a Mini, it was awkward but you didn't have to strip the front end off!!!!

Last edited:
Back