Mfd Service Interval, Confused...

Sjacko20

Simon
T6 Guru
This is the current display on the MFD, any suggestions gratefully received. Van is 11mths old and covered 9500miles
IMG_20181027_153837141.jpg

We had our inspection reset ours was showing similar. Just had oil change service at 11000miles as didn't want to wait till 2 years. On oil change they did full visual overall inspection including break pad wear check etc.

The service makes sense but the inspection in 41 days and 19000miles?
My understanding has been that for diesels first inspection service should have been at 25000 miles or at 2 years, whichever comes first. Thereafter every 25000 miles or 1 year. However, I just saw a new van that have been set to have inspection interval of 1 year from the start so I have to admit that I’m confused too.

Anyways, the thing I’m curious about is that I would have expected to see inspection service miles remaining to be 25000 – 9500 = 14000 miles remaining.

Is it possible that inspection interval miles counter has been resetted about 6000 miles ago (25000 – 19000) and possibly inspection interval time counter has been twiddled too?

Here's what the dealer told me...
The setting on the mfd isn't zeroed when it leaves the factory and so it's down to the dealer to zero it during the pdi. Inevitably they don't bother and so you get any old instruction at any time until it's reset. Mine came on saying I needed an oil change after 350 miles.
I was told to take no notice until 2 years or 20k miles.

My understanding has been that for diesels first inspection service should have been at 25000 miles or at 2 years, whichever comes first. Thereafter every 25000 miles or 1 year. However, I just saw a new van that have been set to have inspection interval of 1 year from the start so I have to admit that I’m confused too.

Anyways, the thing I’m curious about is that I would have expected to see inspection service miles remaining to be 25000 – 9500 = 14000 miles remaining.

Is it possible that inspection interval miles counter has been resetted about 6000 miles ago (25000 – 19000) and possibly inspection interval time counter has been twiddled too?
You can choose to have either variable(oil quality sensor) or fixed.
Mine came from the factory on variable PR-Q18 and I had it changed to fixed as I like my oil change done annually. Therefore my service display will show up to 1 year for the oil change but 2 for the inspection service.

Attachments

• Longlife_servicing.pdf
    37.1 KB · Views: 21
  • service_intervals.pdf
    173.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Service_scedule_additional.pdf
    132.9 KB · Views: 15
Thanks for the replies. It went back to the dealer last year and had the interval reset to long life so should be good for a while yet but maybe the inspection service indicator wasn't done?

Back