Kombi bed in oem possition

chopsa

Hello,
I'm new to this forum and the pround owner of a t6.1 kombi
So I have a conundrum when deciding what sleeping system I would like to run in the van, the van is my daily drive but is not used for any trade/tools. Realistically sleeping in the van will be fairly limited to occasional weekend use.
I wondering if there is any rock and roll type beds that plug and play into the oem kombi fixings? I would like the seating possition to be in the kombi location as it is nice to have the passengers closer to the drivers cab than traditional rock and roll style bed locations. I also enjoy being able to carry 5 mountain bikes behind the seats and carry 5 people.
I have seen the likes of the ovano setups, which would be fine for the occasional sleeps in the van, but they would be it difficult to pop into a pub or a shop whilst having a little adventure as I wouldn't be able to place the very expensive (massively over priced) bikes inside with the set up inside.

It appears to me my only realistic option is a pop top? Any other ideas?

After 12 months of ownership, there is no perfect set up with Kombi rear seats, Fortywinks bed and load carrying ability. It's all a compromise. Last weekend I slept on the floor of the van as I wanted to take a motorcycle in the back. So had to remove all the seats and bed to get the 2nd bike in. 1st bike was already on the single trailer. A pop top or TentBox is now the consideration, or a two bike trailer, or...... Versatility is great though.

Back