Oil disappearing

Hannah

Hello everyone,
I have only discovered the app, and have being looking to find some answers to a problem im having with my T6 its a 2017 model 2.0 litre diesel automatic i bought it 3 years ago, in the last engine service i noticed after about 5,000 km it had used about a litre and a half of oil, i was a bit worried but put it down to a lot of long distance driving and heavy traffic, anyway the same thing has happened on this service i noticed some condensation on oil cap when topping up oil and a little yellowing around cap not much now i have no loss of power or blue smoke, could anyone trough a bit of light on this or had a similar problem, trough looking for answers im thinking my problem could be a pcv issue???

How many miles had the van done? Hi btw

From an owner of a BiTDI with 140k miles, I can only dream of 1.5ltrs in 5k miles :rofl:

How many miles had the van done? Hi btw

From an owner of a BiTDI with 140k miles, I can only dream of 1.5ltrs in 5k miles :rofl:
Sorry milage is 305 thousand kilometres after about 5 thousand almost 1 and a half litres i average about 1200 kilometres a week

Its the second time i have noticed it being low, does the pcv valve need to be changed regularly like every 50,000 or am i over reacting, don't want to do damage to engine have even stopped using motorways to avoid being hard on engine, so many sites giving different diagnosis, and pcv seems to be at the top of the list, i have asked my mechanic to order one for me just to be on the safe side, just thought other people would have similar problems but you seem to think its not too bad

Back