Main Beam Relay

Sean Proctor

Can someone let me know where the relay for the main beam is please? I fitted new headlights a month ago, everything worked fine, but now the "flash" doesn't work and when I select main beam I can't deselect it without turning the lights off and on again. I have fitted a leisure battery since which involved removing and refitting the passenger twin seat (on a swivel plate) so think I might have damaged the relay if it's under there?
Many thanks in advance.

There is no 'separate' relay. All the switching is done by the BCM

I had an issue similar to this, but it was after some coding.
In the end VW Listers Droitwich sorted it out for me, but I don’t know what they did to resolve it.
So it might be a dealer visit..

did you sort this problem seems I've got the same issue, can't flash the lights nor cancel the high beam

did you sort this problem seems I've got the same issue, can't flash the lights nor cancel the high beam
What have you done/changed recently, more background info, please?

What have you done/changed recently, more background info, please?
nothing that I'm aware of, It's when I pull back on the stalk to go back to dipped beam or to flash my lights that seems to be the issue, changed the stalk column with a brand new VW genuine part and still no difference. The lights are travellinlite drls which have been on over 12 months, they are going to speak to their techy guy Monday. I could replace them.with the original units but that's a big job so I'd rather check all.other options first

Try resetting the BCU by disconnecting the battery for a few mins.

I could replace them with the original units but that's a big job so I'd rather check all.other options first
You don’t need to fit them just rest the OE lights in the engine bay and plug them in

Back