1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lwb caravelle floor options...

Discussion in 'Interiors, Seating, Lining' started by pezzas, 4 Jan 2017.

1. pezzas

pezzas Member

Map
    Hi all,
    So I have the seats and rails but wondering whether you can get a compatible caravelle floor off the shelf?
    Basically the oem caravelle floor has gaps outboard due to plastic trim not being there.
    The van is a lwb window van and I understand side steps and rear threshold will also be needed due to the height difference.
    Any proposals, recommemdations or prices will be appreciated!
    Thanks

2. slidepods

slidepods Senior Member Trade Member T6 Pro

Map
    There are a few few companies out there who have CNC machines big enough to cut a LWB floor that have gone to the effort of programming in the caravelle floor. However I very much doubt they would cut one for supply only. There is no one currently selling them off the shelf.
    We do cut and fit caravelle floors but it is a pig of a job to get right as you have to be extremely accurate to achieve a good finish.

3. Meuk

Meuk New Member VIP Member

Map
    We bought a 2nd hand LWB kombi floor as the 1st layer and used it as a template for the 3/8" ply top which left us about 2 - 3 mm for floor finishes.

4. pezzas

pezzas Member

Map
    Thanks guys. Good info and the kombi floor idea sounds good, hadn't thought of that...