LWB Floor Rails - Part Numbers

Scharles

Hi Everyone,

I am totally new to the world of VW Conversion but looking for advice and part numbers for the flooring rails i need to convert my twin door LWB 5.1. I obtained a bench seat and two (rear) singles from a Multi Van but now need the rails. Looking at the van they came from i need the four singles runners (not the double internal runners i see on some). I cannot understand the part numbers i have found online to be sure if they are LWB or SWB, as you will appreciate there are two lengths. I would also appreciate if anyone can confirm if there is a difference to single and twin door rails and if no difference do they need to be installed differently?

Thanks for any wisdom to share from those better informed than me.

Have a good day

Simon

The double rails are there for the Caravelle table to run on. You can fit SWB rails in a LWB, you'll just have a bigger space at one end. Not sure they've ever done a single slider Caravelle or Shuttle in the UK but that would have no effect on the rails. Here's a pic of my LWB rails in a LWB van.

IMG_5655.jpg
IMG_5657.jpg

Just check the seats from the multi van have the correct feet as it sounds like they could have the Kombi fittings and not the caravelle rail feet.

I did the LWB rail conversion myself, sadly I don't have the part numbers to hand but at trade they came in over 2k with all the fittings. There are lots more second hand SWB rails around and they come in singles and can be had for around £800. I couldn't go down this route as I needed the bench to slide all the way forward to get my motorbike in but if you don't need the range then that would be my advice.

Mat

Just check the seats from the multi van have the correct feet as it sounds like they could have the Kombi fittings and not the caravelle rail feet.

I did the LWB rail conversion myself, sadly I don't have the part numbers to hand but at trade they came in over 2k with all the fittings. There are lots more second hand SWB rails around and they come in singles and can be had for around £800. I couldn't go down this route as I needed the bench to slide all the way forward to get my motorbike in but if you don't need the range then that would be my advice.

Mat
Thanks for the guidance. Please can you share what i look for in this check? They were from a SWB Multi Van. Cheers

The double rails are there for the Caravelle table to run on. You can fit SWB rails in a LWB, you'll just have a bigger space at one end. Not sure they've ever done a single slider Caravelle or Shuttle in the UK but that would have no effect on the rails. Here's a pic of my LWB rails in a LWB van.

View attachment 225006
View attachment 225007
Thanks for the pic of your rails they look great. The Van my seats came from had a table that hinged on the side of the van so no rail needed for the table.

Back