Source for a 12mm ply LWB floor at California/Caravelle height.

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I am due to fit some California rails into my van.

However finding a suitable ply floor to fit at the correct height and have the slots cut in in the right place for the rails is proving beyond me.

I have been told it needs to be cut slightly bigger than the standard floor as it sites a bit higher in the van and parts of the walls slope away so a normal floor sat higher up will leave gaps.

Has anyone who has done a Caravelle / California conversion found a suitable place or way around this problem?

Thanks for any help. It's driving me mad.

What about Van Haven? This looks neat -
- maybe they could make it for you, then you drive down to get it fitted?

Another big update, progressing way quicker than I thought I would. Cali front seats and rear seat on rails now fitted along with altro flooring. All done by Richard and his guys at Kernow Transporters. Great guys and excellent quality to their work. The seats are amazing, they contrast the dark interior nicely and they are by far the comfiest seats I have had. I drove non stop 6hours from lands end to the midlands yesterday and got out with no aches or pains at all. They swivel and are heated (need to sort retro fit wiring at some point). So glad I went OEM.

Whilst down there I did a deal on some black with aluminium finishing door cards. They really finish the cab off nicely. To finish the cab off all I need to do now is sort the audio leisure battery switch out, fit a new gear knob cap and put my carpet mats down when they finally arrive from customveedubs. Then at some point a new steering wheel.

Next up is tidying the roof up. Get rid of excess sealer and shape the roof so it sits nicely, Carpet line the new cant rails, trim the headlining and fit the elevating bed. After that wiring loom is on it's way from Rayne automotive in the next couple of weeks and work out my next steps for the MTB layout, bulkhead and furniture options.

Let me know what you think!
View attachment 82348

Back