LPG TSi - MPG

Mine was about 2k

At that mileage/time will take me about 14-18 months to recoup my money, then it’s cheapest medium van motoring ever.

tbh, I just couldn’t live with the costs of running a 21-22 mpg tsi. It was this or it went, I’m super glad I did it.

Are my calculations correct I’m saying it’s 22.7MPG @ £0.53/l?
Which, when compared to diesel prices, is brilliant.

Have you lost much space with the lpg tank?

Do you still have the normal petrol tank so you can run on that as per normal if there's no lpg around

Tank is where the spare wheel is so no reduced space.

runs on petrol as well, if lpg runs out it’s seemlessly switches over

I would say there’s 15% less power on lpg but if I fancy full power I just switch it on petrol then back when I’m done.

i was sceptical about it but it’s pretty awesome.

Tank is where the spare wheel is so no reduced space.

runs on petrol as well, if lpg runs out it’s seemlessly switches over

I would say there’s 15% less power on lpg but if I fancy full power I just switch it on petrol then back when I’m done.

i was sceptical about it but it’s pretty awesome.
I guess when your starting point is 300hp, taking a 15% penalty by using LPG is quite bearable!! ;)

Might look into this as Im keeping mine long term, only issue is not many pumps around where I live. What do you do with spare wheel as its a pain having to keep that in the bus?

Might look into this as Im keeping mine long term, only issue is not many pumps around where I live. What do you do with spare wheel as its a pain having to keep that in the bus?

I don’t carry much day to day. Only get filled when I’m racing. So spare sits in the back.

I understand about fill ups, I’m lucky as I have 53pl and 63pl quite close.

IMO as a daily driver lpg was the only way to go.

I was 400 max miles on a tank of petrol.@ £128pl
(About £85 I think)
Now mine does 265 max on a tank of lpg.@ 53pl
(About £28 I think)

Hi, do they switch from petrol to lpg once they get warm ? How long would it take to switch over ? I live about 6 miles from my work and I'm just wondering if it would be worth doing.

What kits are people running ?

Does it alter the road tax ?

Cheers
Stu

Hi, do they switch from petrol to lpg once they get warm ? How long would it take to switch over ? I live about 6 miles from my work and I'm just wondering if it would be worth doing.

What kits are people running ?

Does it alter the road tax ?

Cheers
Stu

mine takes less than 1 mile to switch to Lpg

mines a Prins

road tax is the same. (I think)

if I lived 6 miles from work I wouldn’t bother, I did it cos sometimes I do 500 miles a week.

I get 230-265 miles on £29 + maybe £3-£5 petrol.

Back