Lowering: coilovers and ARB under £1500?

Baz..SVT

T6 Guru
Stance + coming off

Looking to replace with a better brand and more comfort..

B14s coil over kit £1095
H&R anti roll bars £419

Anyone know off a better deal out there…

42BF1459-19A7-46EF-9753-CDDC61A062EC.jpeg

My van’s fitted with B14’s, can’t wait to get rid of them.
@Ali-G - have a convo with @CRS Performance. Best thing ever and you will get the solution you need. Even SWMBO conceded it was money worth spending, though she objected to how VW let a California out of the factory with such big standard suspension! (SWMBO is a closet petrol head, I’m not!)

What’s your reasons.

They’re great on a nice smooth road, trouble is there aren’t many of them out there these days.
Mine are very crashy, especially the rear, you seem to feel every bump in the road.
It could be just the way they are set up, I don’t know as they were fitted by the previous owner but my suspension definitely needs looking at. Quite a few people on here who know about these things have said that there are far better options than B14’s available these days.

Yeah I’ve just read a few posts where members have or are changing the b14s. But when your low on 19s with 40 profile tyres is there actually anything out there that with stop all that.

My thinking is some softer shocks for a nice smooth ride coupled with some uprated ARB’s for the corners.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big fan of firm suspension, but the B14’s on my van are bone jarring.

My thinking is some softer shocks for a nice smooth ride coupled with some uprated ARB’s for the corners.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big fan of firm suspension, but the B14’s on my van are bone jarring.
Some Koni shocks with the right springs could be the answer for you, depending on the drop you're looking for. We now have access, thanks to @CRS Performance, to some shorter Koni shocks for T26, T28 and T30. Same great ride, but a slightly shorter shock that is suited to slightly bigger drops. Matched with the right 50mm lowering spring you'll see great results. Previously, if you wanted lower than 40mm I would've been recommending a coil over kit, but these new shocks and springs are a very good option for 50mm drops. Add the ARBs and you'll have a sweet looking, great riding and excellent handling van. Just one of several options available depending on the individual needs of each van owner.

Back