Rear ARB mounts

Rids

T6.1 KOMBI LWB 4M STARLIGHT
VIP Member
T6 Guru
So I just discovered that one of my rear anti roll bar saddle brackets has snapped off! The top bolt was missing & the only bit left is trapped under the lower bolt head…

8DAF6F0F-AC45-4AC6-A37F-ED25EBD50E71.jpeg

Since TPS stopped serving me over the counter not sure where to go for one of these.,,
Anyone got one??
Anyone know the part number so I could order one from main dealer?

Hi Pauly
Thanks very much for that.
I’ll call The van centre in the morning & get them on order.

What's caused the failure @Rids ?

As I remember you have air suspension fitted.

To much stain in the ARB with the air system and suspension travel.?

Last edited:
Simply replacing the broken clamp isn’t going to be a solution long term. As @Dellmassive has hinted the root cause has to be corrected first.
I would suggest that once the root cause is corrected both clamps are replaced as the other side has likely been strained.

Could be worth fitting new brackets...

Then getting a camera under there,. GoPro or phone .... And recording some video...

Them set the air ride to to max up and down a few times to see what it looks like on video.

Maybe go for a test drive if you feel brave with the camera under there...

If the top bolt was missing, then that may have allowed movement which eventually fatigued the bracket beside the remaining bolt causing it to crack and fall off…?
Maybe the ARB was removed when the air was fitted ...... Then not refitted properly?

What's caused the failure @Rids ?

As I remember you have air suspension fitted.

To much stain in the ARB with the air system and suspension travel.?
Yeah it’s on air.
Personally I think the top bolt wasn’t refitted properly (or at all??) when the air was installed; (no response yet from the installer…) the height sensor bracket is in the pic & goes over the ARB and uses the same bolts.
Anyhow the bolt went awol and the ARB bracket was being strained when the suspension was articulated, kerbs, uneven tracks etc, until it gave up.
I don’t run the van very low (except maybe posing a bit as I left Busfest) mostly about 50mm down on std, but the height doesn’t change the load on the ARB (hmm … unless it runs out of travel, might need to look at that, but will have to get on a four post lift… anyone in Chesterfield area got one I can borrow?)

If the top bolt was missing, then that may have allowed movement which eventually fatigued the bracket beside the remaining bolt causing it to crack and fall off…?
Yeah that’s my theory!

Maybe the ARB was removed when the air was fitted ...... Then not refitted properly?
Just the bolts to fit the sensor bracket over the ARB

Could be worth fitting new brackets...

Then getting a camera under there,. GoPro or phone .... And recording some video...

Them set the air ride to to max up and down a few times to see what it looks like on video.

Maybe go for a test drive if you feel brave with the camera under there...
My lad has one… I’ll see how confident he is in his magnetic mount…

Anyway thanks to all, it’s great to have all the support available here :thumbsup:

Brackets and bolts are all the same but the bush varies by roll bar size, will have a look later and see what the options are, do you want to pm me your number and I will be able to give you the definite part number

Just checked the options for the bushes in the above pictures, there are three variations of each

Part No 2
7H0511413A
7H5511413B
7H5511413C

Part No 3
7H0511414
7H5511414
7H5511414A

An update if your interested… the air installer whilst initially a bit put out by my assertion the bolt wasn’t properly fitted did send me replacement brackets for the height sensor and the ARB with 4 new bolts & nylock washers (as standard they fit the longer bolts with the nylock on the back as a belt & braces, hence the surprise it wasn’t there.
Anyhow finally got time (on a lovely damp day) to get under here and sort it. Whereupon i had my next surprise; the end of the bolt and their unlock was still in the threaded insert on the ARB chassis bracket.
It had sheared off; now this is a 12.9 grade bolt so now I’m flummoxed…. Was it just a bad bolt?
Anyhow I’ll get into the other side when it stops raining…
B31AE39E-FB91-4844-94BF-B5ADB8924102.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: CAB
“by lock washers” should read nylock nuts!

and “unlock” should also read nylock
I hate autocorrect!

I have loads of these brackets if you still need them , pay the post and you can have them !!

Back