Lower Springs And Beefier Arbs Or B14s?

Stay Frosty

Electrician
T6 Legend
This is what happens when you wait a few weeks to get free fitting!

Basically trawling the forum and t'interweb in general in the meantime means I'm now looking at springing for B14s instead of just shorter springs, thing is shorter springs with the vans stock 18 month old dampers and some new H&R ARBs are similar (well, nearly) money to a new set of Billies but a lot of B14 users also then run the beefier ARBs too indicating that maybe the B14s alone won't tame the bouncy castle ride quality?

I lowered my other car, a Daihatsu Materia with Eibach springs and 17" rims running 225/40/17 tyres and that is crashy with little give by way of suspension so consequently terrified of potholes, poor thing, this is exactly what I want to avoid with the camper.

I know it's a camper too but it's mainly going to be used as a two person day van so won't be lugging loads of crap around and the potential for looking a bit "Gangsta" tm. while bimbling along leads back to the B14s again.:confused:

The Papal carrier
20171105_164624[1].jpg

There you go, pulled the trigger and more money pre spent with a set of B14s added to the shopping cart... probably just as well there's not a forum section on musical air horns as I have a feeling I would end up with a 12 note set playing Dixie rather than the slightly crashier but cheaper La Cucaracha... decisions, decisions!:geek:

Thanks to Vanstyle and their free fitting service I'm now riding on B14s and 26" Alessi rims, I don't care about load ratings and as it's a camper conversion I can go everywhere at 70!
Start again, got me new B14s and 18" Momo Revenge wheels and for the first time I was tempted to look for a shop window reflection as I drove by... I didn't look, uncool but rather worryingly I didn't wave at every VW T van on the way home either and actually harried another T6 blinged up Kombi (MR 51 LLI) that seemed to think I should race him inspite of the 50 posted and Specs cameras!
Anyway verdict is that even minus heavy duty ARBs I swooped along the Welford Rd cart track, in the dark, with H4 headlights and all my old wheels and suspension on board at pretty well daytime speeds ie. didn't poop myself mid corner and didn't have a queue of cars forming a conga line behind.
The van now feels a lot more car like to drive and we got an extra amount of daylight this morning where it's not completely blocking the light through the kitchen window now, not sure if I'll bother with H&R ARBs while the van is still a modest 102hp, better headlights might be more imminent!

Replying to my own thread yet again:whistle: but so full of shining wit driving around in Agnes Brown now like a teenager. 20190317_165830.jpg
20190322_121511.jpg

From swamper to curve straightener... well, haven't put it through the hedge yet!:eek:

Back