Loud metal to metal noise.

Roblee

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hope I can explain, when we go over a bump theres a loud metal to metal noise, it doesn't do it all the time, it's fine when on a straight road. The noise only comes when the road is bumpy. Its on the front drivers side.

Thanks Rob

Last edited:
Anti roll bar drop links are known to move if not tight enough.

Ian
Yes, Cant even find a antiroll bar on my T6, I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I'm giving up trying to find the cause of the noise, just going to let a garage take a look. The noise sounds like something metal is snapping, it's driving me mad!!!

Look at your wheel nuts and make sure they are tightened.Had this with ours.One nut had completely come out!

Look at your wheel nuts and make sure they are tightened.Had this with ours.One nut had completely come out!
Yes, anything is worth a try, will check all the wheel nuts tomorrow first thing. Thanks

Hope I can explain, when we go over a bump theres a loud metal to metal noise, it doesn't do it all the time, it's fine when on a straight road. The noise only comes when the road is bumpy. Its on the front drivers side.

Thanks Rob
Rob is the suspension standard or do you have a lowering kit of some sort in the van

Thanks Rob
Just started happening? Have you had any mods done recently? Everything ok on full lock. Many possible reasons, take to local garage if you are not sure and they will probably be able to diagnose quickly for a few £.

Rob is the suspension standard or do you have a lowering kit of some sort in the van
No suspension is standard as far as I know, only bought the van in July of a private seller, It's made the banging noise since then but steadily got worst. I know it sounds daft but I thought in the beginning it was something loose inside the van.

Just started happening? Have you had any mods done recently? Everything ok on full lock. Many possible reasons, take to local garage if you are not sure and they will probably be able to diagnose quickly for a few £.
Yes my next step is a local garage, it's who do you trust not to rip me off.

Could just be something loose and getting worse. Bush wear etc. Where are you based? Not all garages are out to rip you off just some.get bad press on forums but i know what you mean. Where do you go for mot's can you trust them? We allow customers in when we lift on ramp on first inspection so they can see what we are doing as long as you don't get in the way i cant see another place having an issue with this. Just ask for an inspection to identify the problem at first stage. Call a few garages and have a chat, you will get a feel of who sounds genuine etc. Cheers

Could just be something loose and getting worse. Bush wear etc. Where are you based? Not all garages are out to rip you off just some.get bad press on forums but i know what you mean. Where do you go for mot's can you trust them? We allow customers in when we lift on ramp on first inspection so they can see what we are doing as long as you don't get in the way i cant see another place having an issue with this. Just ask for an inspection to identify the problem at first stage. Call a few garages and have a chat, you will get a feel of who sounds genuine etc. Cheers
Great advice

P.s. when is mot due and was there any advisories or comments on last mot relating to this problem

Yes my next step is a local garage, it's who do you trust not to rip me off.
Looks like OP is in Preston.

Yes I'm in Preston as well, so Im looking for recommendations for a trust worthy VW T6 garage mechanic. Thanks

Perhaps a mobile mechanic, at least to check that the vehicle is safe to drive to a garage?

I spoke to ADS and I'm booking our T6 in for diagnostics in January, they charge £85 a hour, expensive, but if they find the problem and sort it out, then I'm happy. Thanks Rob

Back