Loss Of Bass / Only Tweeters Working

markob

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Anyone come across this before? Went to use the radio today and only the tweeters are working!

Wow, that would be pretty rubbish.. I’ll take a look ASAP, strange for it to happen to both?

Markob, I’m about to remove my standard door speakers over the next couple of days if they are any use to you. I Don’t want anything for them just offering them up.
Cheers Ben

Hi Ben - thanks!!

yes, I’ll let you know once I get the chance to pull them out and check

Well, this is weird... the speakers are now working!!
Hi, did you ever get to the bottom of the problem as our van has developed a similar intermittent problem with the bass driver on one of the doors. Was it wiring, a faulty drive unit or something more worrying (£) inside the head unit?

Last time out in the van, listening to R2 Steve Wright I thought something was faulty till I realised two of the presenters were broadcasting from home using less professional equipment. Got me worried for a few minutes :unsure:

Hi, did you ever get to the bottom of the problem as our van has developed a similar intermittent problem with the bass driver on one of the doors. Was it wiring, a faulty drive unit or something more worrying (£) inside the head unit?

After a bit of door trim and speaker removal last night, turns out to be a problem reported elsewhere in the forum - damp/condensation inside the door. In my case, it had been enough moisture to create some surface corrosion on the speaker/cable contacts and just pipping around the magnet basket. I've given them a clean and as a tactical have covered them in insulation tape in the hope that may give a bit of protection and rotated the driver through 180 degrees so that the connections are higher up, but I think I need to have a slightly more long-term look into the problem and remedy. I can't reasonably expect any speaker to live and work in damp conditions without rusting and dying eventually.

Hi.
I've just had the same problem so I just replaced the speakers only to realise its not the speakers causing the problem. I'm now thinking that the amp must have blown in the stereo unit. Sound is coming from all speakers but all very tinny. I'm hoping I'm wrong though. Had anyone had the same problem and figured it out?

Hi.
I've just had the same problem so I just replaced the speakers only to realise its not the speakers causing the problem. I'm now thinking that the amp must have blown in the stereo unit. Sound is coming from all speakers but all very tinny. I'm hoping I'm wrong though. Had anyone had the same problem and figured it out?
Hello , I have recently just encountered this issue did you manage to resolve it , ot sure if I should buy a new head unit and speakers

Well actually, somehow once I connected everything back up with new speakers the issue was resolved. I'm not sure how the new speakers sounded tinny when I had just one connected (maybe I was mistaken). Problem is resolved for me.

Reactions: mmi
Back