Loose external sliding door handle

HerdyT6

Hi all, the external sliding door handle on my t6 is very loose, 5 times out of 10 pulling the handle doesn’t actually open the door. Seems whatever retains the handle to the bodywork is broken/loose - anyone got any advice or remedies please? Tia

93B8B4D8-B695-4439-987B-40E26B87CD0B.jpeg

You will have to take off the inside panel, from memory when I fixed a mates handle that had come lose there is a screw you have to tighten which pulls the handle in tight. Search YouTube there’s a video on there showing how the handle comes apart

You will have to take off the inside panel, from memory when I fixed a mates handle that had come lose there is a screw you have to tighten which pulls the handle in tight. Search YouTube there’s a video on there showing how the handle comes apart
Thank you Jim, good job to tackle this weekend. Cheers

This photo might help, it shows the handle mechanism from the inside, it doesn’t show the screw you have to tighten though. On my mates the gold pin had come unseated
91F8030C-7CBC-4C72-A199-A622E2331B02.jpeg

Reactions: mmi
This photo might help, it shows the handle mechanism from the inside, it doesn’t show the screw you have to tighten though. On my mates the gold pin had come unseated
View attachment 191486
Just had the door panel off, the gold pin is missing completely. Couldn’t find it anywhere in the door card, fingers crossed I can buy the pin without the whole mechanism

my mates handle has come loose again so next time i think i will put a small blob of mastic to hold it in position, yours must be in the door somewhere

Hi all, first post on the forum...
Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct part of the forum but seems okay so here goes.....I've had Safari windows fitted in my T6 and my slide door was a little bit dodgey beforehand and the guy had to tighten it up as it's super close the the frame of the blinds I have. After a couple months of working its gone again and now sometimes can't be opened from the inside. I'm just wondering is there any other mechanisms out there that'll allow me to out the interior door handle in a different position ? Any help would be great thanks

PXL_20230323_113413264.jpg

View attachment 191486
Can I bugger get hold of that pin, nightmare. It’s not in the door & doesn’t seem to be available on its own. I’ve actually got a spare round Allen key that I think will work when it’s cut to size….for now anyway

Can I bugger get hold of that pin, nightmare. It’s not in the door & doesn’t seem to be available on its own. I’ve actually got a spare round Allen key that I think will work when it’s cut to size….for now anyway
Good luck, let us know if you manage to fix it

Good luck, let us know if you manage to fix it
Job done

Didn’t use the Allen key I was anticipating, too big. Funnily enough I had one of those cheap crappy Allen keys that come with flat pack furniture lying about. Went straight in, clipped in nicely, and I’ve put a blob of silicone on. Handle is tight and working like a dream. Hurrah!!

Job done

Didn’t use the Allen key I was anticipating, too big. Funnily enough I had one of those cheap crappy Allen keys that come with flat pack furniture lying about. Went straight in, clipped in nicely, and I’ve put a blob of silicone on. Handle is tight and working like a dream. Hurrah!!
Well done, hope the photo helped

My pin is in place but still seems loose . I can’t see any means of tightening it up inside or out … any ideas ?

Back