Power rear sliding door issue.

Kynastf

VIP Member
Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone can help me please.
I have just picked up a 2016 T6 Caravelle, which has powered sliding rear doors.
Unfortunately one of the won’t work properly, it works from the button in the key and the button on dashboard.
However it won’t work from the handle. Every tine I try the handle it just opens manually and is really heavy and hard to open.
The mechanism seems to work, just not from the handle. I am guessing there is a switch on the handle which isn’t working?
Thanks in advance.

Hi yes it works from the inside as long as we haven’t tried the outside 1st.
It works from the buttons too.
It seems intermittent, as it hasn’t work for a few days then suddenly worked today.
Thanks for any advice.

I wonder if the outside switch isn't returning to rest, it may be that the door control module is waiting for the handle (and switch) to return? Then if the outside switch is neither open nor closed it might block the inside switch too? I have a 6.1 Caravelle that's different in this area as the handle is a switch only no mechanism at all.

If that's how your other door behaves maybe try and give the outer handle a gentle shock to see if it changes things?

I think @n10n or @Crazymind may have a T6 Caravelle?

Unfortunately I haven't ever opened the door card and don't have much to share about the mechanic details. But yes, sounds like switch is not returning or is otherwise broken. When the door works, it should open without pulling the handle as much as to release lock latch manually - soft open kicks in with a gentle pull.

Still, I suppose first stop would be clean the contacts (similar to image in sliding door contacts issue), both plug and the socket. According to wire diagram both internal and external switch go through that socket.

Thanks for replies, have cleaned contacts and still not opening half the time.
I have found that if I lock the car and unlock it, it sometimes seems to reset it. Then it may work once then stop again. If you open from inside first. It opens every time, but not from outside. Frustrated.

I wonder if it might be the lock mechanism not quite going to the right position? Then if you locked and unlocked it that might reset it, and on the inner handle Vs the outer handle the door will be pulled slightly differently?

Back