Looking for a Fiamma 45s awning/roof bar solution for my T5

LivvyM78

We have a 2006 T5 that came with a Fiamma 45s awning (see pic). Its fitted with an adapter in the roof bar area so we cant fit our OEM roof rails as the holes are in use.
We'd like to use the roof rails to fit a Thule roof box we already own. Does anyone know of an easy and reasonably priced solution to this?

IMG_5677.PNG

A different adapter that puts the awning on the curve of the roof?

Thanks for your message. Do you where to get one and is that fairly easy to fit? Does it require me to drill holes in the van?

I had an F45S fitted to our caravan when we bought it and wanted to move it to our T6.

Like you I did not want to drill holes in my beloved van. Also I already had a roof tent fitted on VanGuard UltiBars.

After much research and having looked at Fiamma and Thule solutions amongst others, I went with the solution shown below, the Fiamma 98655-770.

Fiamma head office in Italy said that it would not work... but it does. The brackets are wider than they say that they are and do fit over my VanGuard UltiBars.

Very pleased with the result. No holes in the van and awning mounted at a sensible height.

To fit your roof box and awning you will need at least 3x roof bars. I have now fitted 4th to allow the carriage of a surfboard as well.

20210604_151154.jpg

20210604_151309.jpg

Fiamma 98655-770 fiamma-f45-awning-adapter-kit-kit-roof-rail-compass-7928-p[ekm]365x195[ekm].png

Attachments​

• Fiamma 98655-770 fitting instructions 98690-073_revB.pdf
    110.7 KB · Views: 0

Anything of use here?
Have a look at this thread...

Is there not 4 pairs of holes on the roof ?
I'd thought 2 pairs would still be available...

Is there not 4 pairs of holes on the roof ?
I'd thought 2 pairs would still be available...
My Awning is only attached to the front and rear VanGuard UltiBars.
I need the other 2 to allow Roof Tent to be fitted and Surf board to be carried.
Rear pair for Roof Tent. Front pair for surf board and/ or Roof Box.
If only ever attaching awning just 2x bars, front and rear would suffice.

Back