Looking At A T6 Today- What Do I Look For?

goldeneye243

T6 Guru
I'm looking at a 2016 T6 highline kombi with tailgate today - 75k miles on the clock. Quite excited!!

Are there any things that I need to look for particularly and any service items that I need to check?

Thanks in advance :)

Fsh, does it still have any warranty left, then just all the usual stuff when buying a vehicle. Make sure you need a tailgate, as l found mine a pain and then got one with doors! Is it a dealer or private?

Thanks Sign man!
It has been serviced once a year, 25k mile intervals. I want the tailgate as I am going to get it converted into a camper.

1 year warranty

Should it have had the cam bet and water pump changed?

Anything else that might be expensive?

Thanks!

Look to see if that magic VAT is hiding anywhere oh and then go and find the magic money tree because once you've bought it you wont want to stop there, we've all had to plant one!! Don't let that put you off though.

Have a close listen at idle for any rattles that could be a dual mass flywheel issue.
Has it had any recalls done?
if it has roof rails check for watermarks in the headlining..
Make sure there is no damp under the carpet in the front.
make sure the starter battery is not a MOLL type (Varta is good)

Euro 5 no Adblue

:thumbsup: For most that's a good thing, better mpg, no 'active' regenerations and potentially less hassles!

A euro 5 van suited my needs and saved me money on purchase price over the euro 6! :thumbsup:

Though if you ever plan on driving into major cities it may lead to emissions charges.

I'm looking at a 2016 T6 highline kombi with tailgate today - 75k miles on the clock. Quite excited!!

Are there any things that I need to look for particularly and any service items that I need to check?

Thanks in advance :)
Well? How was it?

:thumbsup: For most that's a good thing, better mpg, no 'active' regenerations and potentially less hassles!

A euro 5 van suited my needs and saved me money on purchase price over the euro 6! :thumbsup:

Though if you ever plan on driving into major cities it may lead to emissions charges.

And 3 visits in a week from VW Assist

Back