Locks Not Working (again!!!.....)

brother52

I know this has been covered before,( I think I have even posted about my problems before), but I have yet again had problems with the locks on the rear barn doors of my van not opening. Does anyone have a long term solution? I have had the van in 3 times to the dealer, the last time they changed the lock module. Today I thought I would start up the van since it’s been lying during the current lockdown. The back doors wouldn’t open. Flicking the handle sometimes helps but not this time,( I get this lock problem at least once a week if I use the van daily). The annoying thing is that I have no access to the back through the side door since it is shelved out on the side. If I can’t get in the back doors I am screwed for access. Main things I need to know is has anyone found a long term solution? Does anyone know how to remove and adjust the rods and the cables,( I am thinking the main rod here)? Lastly, as I am near to giving up with the locks, does anyone know and can recommend a security lock upgrade company in the Glasgow area that means I can do away with the current locks? Thanks in advance for any help,( I intend to keep the van long term so can’t face this constant hassle. I work as a joiner and can’t leave the van unlocked all the time.......though I did consider that at my low point!).

I have the same problem with my sliding door at the moment, the module makes a noise when you click the button. But the door doesn’t lock or unlock in the button. Have to keep manually locking it from the inside if I use the door, was going to get it in to the dealer as it still under warranty. But then we went in to lockdown.

I know this has been covered before,( I think I have even posted about my problems before), but I have yet again had problems with the locks on the rear barn doors of my van not opening. Does anyone have a long term solution? I have had the van in 3 times to the dealer, the last time they changed the lock module. Today I thought I would start up the van since it’s been lying during the current lockdown. The back doors wouldn’t open. Flicking the handle sometimes helps but not this time,( I get this lock problem at least once a week if I use the van daily). The annoying thing is that I have no access to the back through the side door since it is shelved out on the side. If I can’t get in the back doors I am screwed for access. Main things I need to know is has anyone found a long term solution? Does anyone know how to remove and adjust the rods and the cables,( I am thinking the main rod here)? Lastly, as I am near to giving up with the locks, does anyone know and can recommend a security lock upgrade company in the Glasgow area that means I can do away with the current locks? Thanks in advance for any help,( I intend to keep the van long term so can’t face this constant hassle. I work as a joiner and can’t leave the van unlocked all the time.......though I did consider that at my low point!).

Have a read through this thread and see if it sounds like the same issue loads of us have had Central Locking Issue.

Not sure if this will help anyone else but after two days of the side door not opening I sprayed a load of GT85 in the lock from both sides and gave it a couple of firm whacks with my palm on the inside near the lock. Then it opened !
It remains to be seen if that lasts.

Back