Linking the T6 to a Vango Airbeam Tent

Peteang

T6 Pro
I have a lovely (and huge) Vango Airbeam setup which we’ve had since before the T6 arrived. It’s like the Galli only longer and without the awning part.
I’m looking for a way to link the Van to the side of the Vango... without needing change the whole tent.
Has anyone managed this?
1589095710389.jpeg

How about something like this and create a covered canopy between the van and side of tent. Plenty of people on the California forum do similar with their windout canopies

How about something like this and create a covered canopy between the van and side of tent. Plenty of people on the California forum do similar with their windout canopies

These Funky Leisure Debus awnings, made by Vango, are versatile and can be configured in different ways....they have just introduced a lovely poly cotton version too with improved poles!
Also, would a Vango Airbeam Sky Sun Canopy work for you perhaps, as you already have the air pump with you?

The Debus ones are made by Vango?

they look pretty simple and versatile which is nice and at 3m I could just pull the lines over the tent and peg the other side.

I’ve seen some similar ones. Are the Debus ones recommended?

The other question is then roof bars and an awning rail combo that’s compatible.
Anything against OEM bars other than the price?

The Debus ones are made by Vango?

they look pretty simple and versatile which is nice and at 3m I could just pull the lines over the tent and peg the other side.

I’ve seen some similar ones. Are the Debus ones recommended?

Yes, apparently so, both my Debus bags are Vango labelled & I think Funky Leisure mentioned it when I last spoke to them.

We have OEM roof bars under which a Lightning Leisure awning rail sits for the awning attachment. It is possible to attach the Debus on to the roof bars but not ideal as it slides about. In that case a Khyam Sun canopy might be a better option as I think that has a pole attachment option which could clamp on to roof bars.
Another option is just to use a large tarp which has a lot of attachment points enabling all sorts of configurations. This would not have a Kador strip but maybe you don't need one if you are throwing over the tent and van. Something like a DD Pro Tarp 3x3 or 4x3. These are great tarps to use in all sorts of scenarios.

Yes, good shout about the DD tarps. They are good. I have a Hennessy Hammock and a great tarp with that.

I think I’ll stick with the roof bars and rail to make it a bit cleaner and robust. Hopefully not too difficult if we need to drive away.

Back