LHD Driver's seat as single passenger seat

Slask

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Is there a reason why this won't work, with regard to replacing a double passenger seat with a single?

It looks like a second hand LHD driver's seat from a T6 can be shipped from Poland at very reasonable cost. It comes without a base, so would a single UK spec passenger swiveling seat base be used? Are there any insurance implications?

I don’t see why this wouldn’t work, subject to the airbag and mounting hole issues I’ve seen on here when changing double to single. One point though is that the VW swivel is built into the seat rather than the base, so you would need an aftermarket swivel. Not a big deal though.

I bought my single seat from Poland, Egoist vans on Ebay.
mine came with the base and there were no issues at all. seat was in as new condition and i fited a rib swivel to it. no issues there either

I also bought an UK drivers seat to be fitted to my LHD T6.1 once it arrives. Seems to me a straight swap, have taken delivery of the seat base and the seat, and when compared to my current vans (T6) it looks exactly the same with just everything mirrored.

I bought my single seat from Poland, Egoist vans on Ebay.
mine came with the base and there were no issues at all. seat was in as new condition and i fited a rib swivel to it. no issues there either
How did you go about shipping? I found some great seats for around 350 euros, but with 1200 euros shipping costs added! Makes it not worth it.

Just to let you know the ballpark figure, my shipping from UK to Finland was £110 door to door.

Before I decided that I was better off with the double, I had a look at a few captains seats from Poland (sorry, can't remember the firm). At the time, I noticed that as often happens on eBay, what seemed to be the same items (with the same pictures) had a couple of listings. The first would be, say, £745 + £55 shipping = £800 whereas the second would be, say, £400 + £400 shipping = £800. The only thing that really matters is the total price for delivery to your door and where these seats are concerned (or, indeed, most other things) if you see a similar one for £400 with £55 delivery from Poland or anywhere else, chances are there's something wrong or dodgy. Of course, there are bargains out there but.............

To understand the market better, the vdub tuning and diy camper scene is mainly based in UK, so the seat prices are not overly inflated elsewhere in the EU. Those that put them up for sale in ebay.co.uk know this, and therefore know to ask more. And for the LHD drivers seat, every single van that's left the factory has one, as the LHD single passenger seats are more rare. If you look for a left hand side seat from nordic countries, we have those for sale 350-450euros, around £400. That price is inline with other manufacturers seat prices bought second hand, maybe even slightly higher. The right hand side seats, those are rare to find, and sought-after. I would say if you find a deal for around £400, its not a bargain for the rest of us with non-inflated prices, and you should take advantage of it. I admit, I paid around £900 for a uk drivers seat, but it had the same upholstery as my new van will, it had armrests, height, tilt, lumbar, seat heating and that price included the shipping. Also it was from a delivery mileage van, with 149 miles on it. So next to new. Dealer quoted me more than twice that to retrofit, so it was a no-brainer for me. I was checking some passenger seats from Finland at the time, but they are, you know, used. The price was around £500-550 for those, and they are more expensive as the left hand side seats here.

That's really good. I found an independent salvage yard in Sweden, 1200 euros to ship plus 350 for the actual chair. Would have been cheaper to drive and pick it up!

That's really good. I found an independent salvage yard in Sweden, 1200 euros to ship plus 350 for the actual chair. Would have been cheaper to drive and pick it up!
Must have been a typo. I'm sure they meant 120 euros. I would double check, or did you order it on a golden pallet? ;)

Must have been a typo. I'm sure they meant 120 euros. I would double check, or did you order it on a golden pallet? ;)
Haha well I did wonder but then I thought Sweden is expensive by all accounts so maybe it was right!? I'll have to double check haha

Haha well I did wonder but then I thought Sweden is expensive by all accounts so maybe it was right!? I'll have to double check haha
Norway's the expensive one. Sweden's about the same as finland and UK

Back