Thinking of converting drivers base as passenger single

Swoop1

Evening all
I’ve been looking for a passenger single seat base to buy but can’t find one at a reasonable price or within a reasonable travel distance so I have found a drivers and have been told I could convert it to passenger by cutting the handbrake mount off my question is has anyone else done this ? Do you have any pics of how it turned out as want to be sure before buying the drivers base and wasting money Tia
Unless you have a passenger base for sale
Thanks all

Evening all
I’ve been looking for a passenger single seat base to buy but can’t find one at a reasonable price or within a reasonable travel distance so I have found a drivers and have been told I could convert it to passenger by cutting the handbrake mount off my question is has anyone else done this ? Do you have any pics of how it turned out as want to be sure before buying the drivers base and wasting money Tia
Unless you have a passenger base for sale
Thanks all
I don't know if it is handed but my only thought is if you grind the handbrake bracket off you will need to do a good spray job on that part if you want it undetected. Be mindful that side will be the first thing you see when opening the passenger door.

I think I might have a single passenger seat base in the garage that I'd sell. Not home until Thursday, but will look then & get back to you.

I think I might have a single passenger seat base in the garage that I'd sell. Not home until Thursday, but will look then & get back to you.
Really ?? That’s great where about are you based ? And thanks really appreciate it

I don't know if it is handed but my only thought is if you grind the handbrake bracket off you will need to do a good spray job on that part if you want it undetected. Be mindful that side will be the first thing you see when opening the passenger door.
I know that’s why I hoped somebody had already done it and could post a pic before I make final decision thank for the reply

Hi, really sorry - Just got home and I've had a look in the attic for the passenger seat base and it looks like it's gone. If it does turn up I will get back to you.

I can't provide pics as it was my previous van, but I removed the handbrake mount by drilling out the spot welds, welded them up, ground flat filled and sprayed. I also drilled and fitted the plastic side pocket - looked good to me!

Back