Leoch Adventurer 130Ah vs Xtreme 110Ah

adibell

I’m seeing both of these batteries for £159.99. Obviously the 130Ah sounds better in terms of battery capacity, but the 110A Leoch Xtreme battery seems to be what loads of you on the forum have.

As far as I can tell, the ability to start the van from the leisure battery is the only advantage that the Xtreme has - just wonderin why there’s a majority went for the Xtreme?

I intend to install the battery under the drivers seat, and I believe that the 130Ah one will still fit - can anyone confirm they have used this one under the seat?

Adi

One point is the Xtreme fits under the seat stood up. Leaves more room for other bits.

@travelvolts sells Leoch so he may be best placed to advise on each pros/cons. It could just be that the Adventurer is a newer model?

Cheers both. Think I'm going to go for it - happy to put it on its side if it doesn't fit height-wise and get the extra amp-hours.

Cheers both. Think I'm going to go for it - happy to put it on its side if it doesn't fit height-wise and get the extra amp-hours.
How are you getting on with your battery? I've just ordered the Adventurer 130ah. I know there's not a lot to say about batteries but all ok?

Yeah seems to work pretty well! I've not done any extensive testing of it, and not got a lot of kit installed at this point, but yeah...I can confirm it's a big heavy cuboid that provides electrical power of a 12v variety ;)

FWIW a quick report on Leoch batts

I have 2 x Leoch 130ah AGM deep cycle batts in my Crafter. (SLCA 12130DT) I chose them because
a) they were recommended, and
b) they have a minimum 1500 cycles before they start to diminish.

They seem to be doing the job rather well, with no probs this early in.

Yeah seems to work pretty well! I've not done any extensive testing of it, and not got a lot of kit installed at this point, but yeah...I can confirm it's a big heavy cuboid that provides electrical power of a 12v variety ;)
I’m currently deciding between these 2 also.. what are you thoughts now in hindsight? I’d like the biggest capacity possible, hence swaying towards 130Ah adventurer at the moment. Did you have any issues mounting it on its side? And did you still have room under the seat for split charge relay and fuse box or did you install these elsewhere? Cheers!

As it’s an old thread I thought I’d give a quick update.

I have 2 x Leoch 130ah AGM deep cycle batts in my Crafter. (SLCA 12130DT)
These have been in use for about 13k miles of touring and with only just two nights hooked up, so almost totally off grid for up to seven days at a time, but more usually between 3-5 days.

Batts are still performing very well, no issues at all, I’m very happy with them.

In time, when these are coming to the end of their life, I’ll consider a Lithium upgrade, but there’s certainly no sign of it yet.

My batts are mounted normal upright position, so can’t comment about sideways mounting.

FWIW a quick report on Leoch batts

I have 2 x Leoch 130ah AGM deep cycle batts in my Crafter. (SLCA 12130DT) I chose them because
a) they were recommended, and
b) they have a minimum 1500 cycles before they start to diminish.

They seem to be doing the job rather well, with no probs this early in.

this might help How to Calculate Amps, Watts, Amp Hours, Volts & Hours for your Deep Cycle Batteries - KT Cables

says about keeping the battery healthy getting maximum life from it

and think of the weight you will be lugging around the 130 Ah weighs 50 lb @ 25.6 kg

so when i started out i originally went for a monster 240 AH to sit behind the drivers seat but it lent the van over. i couldn't lift the battery and Alpha batteries kindly exchanged it for me for the 110 i put under the drivers seat

and all i use it for is my L. E.D. lights in the ceiling and charge the phones i mainly use E .H. on camp sites
very occasionally run my cool box for a couple of days off it.

this might help How to Calculate Amps, Watts, Amp Hours, Volts & Hours for your Deep Cycle Batteries - KT Cables

says about keeping the battery healthy getting maximum life from it

and think of the weight you will be lugging around the 130 Ah weighs 50 lb @ 25.6 kg

so when i started out i originally went for a monster 240 AH to sit behind the drivers seat but it lent the van over. i couldn't lift the battery and Alpha batteries kindly exchanged it for me for the 110 i put under the drivers seat

and all i use it for is my L. E.D. lights in the ceiling and charge the phones i mainly use E .H. on camp sites
very occasionally run my cool box for a couple of days off it.
That’s very true, hadn’t considered the extra weight to be an issue. Planned layout will have all appliances, battery, fridge, gas canisters etc on drivers side so maybe need to rethink this slightly. Cheers for the help!

That’s very true, hadn’t considered the extra weight to be an issue. Planned layout will have all appliances, battery, fridge, gas canisters etc on drivers side so maybe need to rethink this slightly. Cheers for the help!
fit a Passenger swivel seat it will counter balance the weight of the battery .. they are a heavy unit and best buy for the van good luck with your build...

just a brief one... if your calculating power in 12 V try the same in 240 V there's a huge difference in results and you will see why the cables are so much bigger. low volts means high amps.

fit a Passenger swivel seat it will counter balance the weight of the battery .. they are a heavy unit and best buy for the van good luck with your build...
Yes was just thinking the same actually, I already have this fitted so yes will balance out with battery. Will just be the weight of the fridge, but I can plan to store heavy camping gear on passenger side under bed and that should even out ok. Cheers

just a brief one... if your calculating power in 12 V try the same in 240 V there's a huge difference in results and you will see why the cables are so much bigger. low volts means high amps.
I wasn’t considering a 240v set up.. don’t think it’s worth it for me as will only be using the van for short trips and will rarely be in campsites with hook up etc

@Rayintherays you don't need full 240v installation but would include a simple lead and a back up smart charger for you battery. my Victron charger will even run as a 12v 30A power supply if ever needed or a problem occurs with the battery. So just forward thinking for the future needs while i was building the Van will fit under your seat with your B2B charger unit.
more for that your running a fridge. to keep you battery topped up.
you will have to break camp to charge your battery after a few days and there's no sun out for a portable solar panel.

The calculation was more for the others reading the page.

Back