Legal Advice

I’m not sure why your saying about the work involved to swap gearboxes?
The Sportline is now only available in Dsg and that’s what we ordered.I originally wanted a manual but I was told it was no longer available so I said ok Dsg it is then.They ordered a Dsg and that’s s what’s arrived, there just saying they gave me the wrong price hence the extra 5K.
Reading the Sportline page on VW it says the DSG is optional
VW Transporter Sportline | VW Vans
Reading the pricelist it tells you a SWB Kombi is basic price is £42735 but as you say only comes in DSG
You could always go for an edition

Last edited:
I would suggest whatever was on the contract is the legally agreed contract. As you paid a consideration and they accepted both parties have to honour the contract or (unless you both agreed otherwise) compensate accordingly.

I am surprised at it being Droitwich they seem to get a good write up, certainly the service guys have been on with us.

Sorry to hear about your woes @mitchv60, I had a similar experience with my last van except they were only (sic) asking an extra £1500. I had paperwork and had paid a £500 deposit. The dealer basically said take the van and pay the extra or we'll happily refund you. Such is the demand for these vehicles they new they'd sell it in a matter of days. I swallowed it and took the van, I did get monster mats bumper protector, 4 services and a tank of fuel thrown in but only after a lot of shouting down the phone.
I'll never use that particular dealer again though.

Good luck, I hope you get things sorted.

Ps wondering if you're the same mitchv60 of bikers oracle rsv fame? If so whats your weapon of choice these days?

Yes the very same.Still got my highly moded 2000R,that won't ever get sold.

I would suggest whatever was on the contract is the legally agreed contract. As you paid a consideration and they accepted both parties have to honour the contract or (unless you both agreed otherwise) compensate accordingly.

I am surprised at it being Droitwich they seem to get a good write up, certainly the service guys have been on with us.
Well we will see tomorrow what happens because I won't be paying the extra £5k but I will be spreading to there head office and VW as well.

Evening chaps.So today’s task was to sort out the mess with Listers.
I spoke to VW head office first and they said they couldn’t help other than being an intermediary so I said don’t worry I’ll sort it myself
Next step was Listers head office.I laid out the whole story and he said he would look into and gave me a bell back,which he did early pm.
He sort of admitted they had cocked up and said they couldn’t alter the finance deal as there was no room to manoeuvre so they would recoup the money by me over paying the deposit and then me getting it back by them overpaying for my trade in.So it’s just a paperwork exercise with the figures.
So long story short I got my original deal and will get the larger deposit back from VW within 2 weeks.
I’m really happy with the way it’s been dealt with and there where no raised voices to get to this point.Ill get written confirmation tomorrow and will be collecting it Wednesday.

Fantastic result.

Bit of a shame VW head office wasn't prepared to give just a little assistance, even if it was just lip service to a customer, instead of just saying they couldn't help.

Fantastic result.

Bit of a shame VW head office wasn't prepared to give just a little assistance, even if it was just lip service to a customer, instead of just saying they couldn't help.
They would only be a middle man because it was a sales issue,had it of been something else they would have probably got involved.
I said there’s no point them being in the middle because it would have dragged out for a while and I needed it resolved today.

If the hand over goes smoothly I’d be quit happy to recommend Listers.It was dealt with in a very professional manner.
You only really find out how good companies are until they have to deal with a problem.

Good. Is it so annoying when (like others have said) dealers just say "pay more or go any and we will sell the van to someone else" as it's a) illegal, b) if they'd sell so easily why are so many still for sale......and c) if it was your fault they would not be so easy to deal with, d) rude!

Glad you stood your ground and got the correct result.

Good result. Listers would have been in breach of contract if they hadn't honoured the deal. It baffles me as to why sales staff are so incompetent with figures. A friend bought a Skoda on finance and they bawlsed it up in his favour to the tune of 3k. I asked for a finance quote on a new T5 from the main dealer and was given a deposit and monthly payment figure scribbled on a bit of tornmoff paper. No details of APR or final payment etc..highly irregular and trading standards would have caned them.

Enjoy the new van and may you have lots of happy adventures in it.

Great result. In a week’s time you’ll have forgotten all about it apart from that smug feeling of how great a deal you ended up with.

Enjoy!

Well that didn’t exactly go to plan today‍♂️340 mile round trip and I came home with a hire van.
Sitting in the show room I hadn’t noticed to start with that it had a glazed rear door and I ordered unglazed.When I flagged it while doing the paperwork it turns out VW have altered the spec again and no longer offer unglazed and I hadn’t been told.
Listers are supplying an internal plate that bolts to the door FOC,not exactly what I wanted but at least it’s free.
Went to drive off and the dealer noticed there was a warning light on the dash so back into the workshop.It needs a part that bolts onto the manifold( solenoid I think)which is 3-4 hours work and they hadn’t got one in stock so hopefully it will be delivered to me Friday with the door plate fitted.
Wow how nice does it look in white,the photos don’t do it justice.
I’m not sure if these bits are standard because I struggled to find a spec list or some descent interior photos when I ordered it but it’s got an extra storage box next to the gear shift,glove box on the dash and a reversing camera.
Nice bonus as I wasn’t expecting them

Well that didn’t exactly go to plan today‍♂️340 mile round trip and I came home with a hire van.
Sitting in the show room I hadn’t noticed to start with that it had a glazed rear door and I ordered unglazed.When I flagged it while doing the paperwork it turns out VW have altered the spec again and no longer offer unglazed and I hadn’t been told.
Listers are supplying an internal plate that bolts to the door FOC,not exactly what I wanted but at least it’s free.
Went to drive off and the dealer noticed there was a warning light on the dash so back into the workshop.It needs a part that bolts onto the manifold( solenoid I think)which is 3-4 hours work and they hadn’t got one in stock so hopefully it will be delivered to me Friday with the door plate fitted.
Wow how nice does it look in white,the photos don’t do it justice.
I’m not sure if these bits are standard because I struggled to find a spec list or some descent interior photos when I ordered it but it’s got an extra storage box next to the gear shift,glove box on the dash and a reversing camera.
Nice bonus as I wasn’t expecting them
Sounds like the comfort dash

It’s starting to sound like a completely different van from the one you ordered. Methinks there’s more to this fk up than they’re letting on...

Back