I was given a price from a dealer.........then they changed their mind!

Vwejit

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I received a quote from a local dealer yesterday for a new T28, with about £3k worth of options I had also specified. All in I was very happy with the quote. It was valid for 7 days, so I started to get my finances in place and was intent on progressing.......
.........today, I got another email stating VW had put prices up on 1st March, but the dealers system hadn’t updated until now.........so they were giving me a “new” quote which pushes the price up by £800!

I have made my feelings clear to them, so I’m going to allow them a chance to rectify, (before naming and shaming!) but happy to hear any advice or thoughts....

Any legal wizards know if their original quote is legally binding? Lots of conflicting info on the net on this.....
Anyone know of a VW price increase on the 1st March?

VW had a 1% and approx £500 price increase on a March 1st so this is correct.

They’ve put my total price up by 2.2%

Do you mean there was £500 increase + 1%?

Update..........After a polite but to the point email, highlighting why I felt the dealer should honour the price, they came around to my way of thinking and agreed!

Van ordered with an expected delivery date of Aug/Sep, but chuffed with the price and spec I’m getting........

Good result but I think your dealer might be a bit optimistic with the delivery date as people that ordered last September have been told October at the earliest. You could be lucky but don’t get your hopes up yet

Good result but I think your dealer might be a bit optimistic with the delivery date as people that ordered last September have been told October at the earliest. You could be lucky but don’t get your hopes up yet
Panels vans are coming through faster than kombis. Definitely a factory kombi is likely to be a long wait.

Update..........After a polite but to the point email, highlighting why I felt the dealer should honour the price, they came around to my way of thinking and agreed!

Van ordered with an expected delivery date of Aug/Sep, but chuffed with the price and spec I’m getting........

That’s a great result, that I’m surprised you’ve got. Well done all the same

Hopefully VW release some more more build slots soon so all Builds speed up

Back