Local VW van centre - (won’t name just yet!)

Vwejit

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I received a quote from a local dealer yesterday for a new T28, with about £3k worth of options I had also specified. All in I was very happy with the quote. It was valid for 7 days, so I started to get my finances in place and was intent on progressing.......
.........today, I got another email stating VW had put prices up on 1st March, but the dealers system hadn’t updated until now.........so they were giving me a “new” quote which pushes the price up by £800!

I have made my feelings clear to them, so I’m going to allow them a chance to rectify, (before naming and shaming!) but happy to hear any advice or thoughts....

Any legal wizards know if their original quote is legally binding? Lots of conflicting info on the net on this.....
Anyone know of a VW price increase on the 1st March?

Bit of a bind the stealer got himself into...! Quote should stand but it would cost you more to enforce it and the bitter aftertaste will last a long time! Chase other stealers to quote on same spec while inviting stealer to propose how he would soften the blow. You can always spend your money elsewhere - so he can lose a few quid or lose a sale

A quote is not legally binding. You need a (preferably signed) contract for that

Reactions: JOG
Just disappointing all round..........bit shocked they feel it appropriate to pass the costs associated with the poor management of their business on to their customer......

I feel a customer centric business should absorb the mistake (and cost), put measures in place so that it didn’t happen again, and honour the quote!

Obviously I’m a little biased in my opinion.......

I received a quote from a local dealer yesterday for a new T28, with about £3k worth of options I had also specified. All in I was very happy with the quote. It was valid for 7 days, so I started to get my finances in place and was intent on progressing.......
.........today, I got another email stating VW had put prices up on 1st March, but the dealers system hadn’t updated until now.........so they were giving me a “new” quote which pushes the price up by £800!

I have made my feelings clear to them, so I’m going to allow them a chance to rectify, (before naming and shaming!) but happy to hear any advice or thoughts....

Any legal wizards know if their original quote is legally binding? Lots of conflicting info on the net on this.....
Anyone know of a VW price increase on the 1st March?
No Deposit, Invoice or Sales Order Acknowledgement then no contract I am afraid.

Update..........After a polite but to the point email, highlighting why I felt the dealer should honour the price, they came around to my way of thinking and agreed!

Van ordered with an expected delivery date of Aug/Sep, but chuffed with the price and spec I’m getting........

There are two possibilities as I see it. Neither are good:

1/ When you originally agreed the purchase at the original price, the dealer somehow didn't know that the price had increased. Or in a word, incompetence.
2/ The dealer agreed the "old price", to reel you in, knowing full well that they would hit you with the bad news later when you'd set your heart on the van you'd specc'd, and they hoped you'd just cough up.

I'm glad you got the van at the original agreed price but it's a demonstration of very poor business practice on the part of the dealer in my opinion.
In any event I hope you enjoy it when it arrives! :thumbsup:

Back