LED Sportline Sidebars

Well as some of you know it has been a nightmere getting my bars..
Went to fit yesterday, managed to get bus off the ground alittle to get under it..
Got all tools out.
Opened the box...
To find....

Are those both passenger side? What a nightmare!!!

Now i have to get them back down to southampton to try and swap them.. more bloody money on these bars.

You know that makes sense.... You just wanted to pose another forum challenge.. :D, glad you sorted it out.. Most problems have a simple route cause, it's just a case of going back to basics and working through it in a methodical manner.. After a cuppa, as a beer or two doesn't help the fault finding process.. :thumbsup: Looking good, and well worth the effort.. :thumbsup::)

Thanks to all who tried to assist me...this is a great community :)

Now i have to get them back down to southampton to try and swap them.. more bloody money on these bars.
Where did you order them from? Surely it's down to them to get the correct ones to you!
I'm in Bristol, a bit closer to you if you can them dropped here.

Thanks mate.
The troubke is I went through Stuart (on here) so really all they have to do is get them the him.. so it's my headache to get the bars to Stuart.

Dont get me wrong , he is help as much as he can..
Youd think that any TPS would replace them, but its all about paper trails.

hi all,

I bought some of the sportline bars from the shop (thanks!) and looking at the fitting guide it suggests the grommet passes the cable up into the passenger side recess under the seat. I haven't had a good look under the van because its raining (its july, what do you expect) but we have a swivel seat fitted in the camper and wondered if this will cause a potential problem when fitting? I wondered about routing both cables across the van to the drivers grommet, but dont think it'll be long enough. I also figured if i leave enough slack it shouldn't matter, as the seat only swivels 180 degrees max. I'm more worried if the swivel seat mechanism covers the grommet!

Anyone got any experience of fitting these above a swivel seat?

Cheers

Surely the seat will swivel around the cables and not affect them ??
Don't think routing to drivers side is advisable as there is nothing to protect the cables in the centre of the van as plastic under trays only run down each side and not in the middle

You won't have any issues, the grommet is under the seat centrally and you then thread the side bar cables under the cab floor mat to the A pillars to route to the cab light...

Its worth noting if you have a kombi you can cheat and wire them into the rear step lights to achieve the same end result, saves removing any trims etc

Its worth noting if you have a kombi you can cheat and wire them into the rear step lights to achieve the same end result, saves removing any trims etc
What Pauly said. Just do this. Way way easier!

Back