LED Sportline Sidebars

I think you would be ok rightly or wrongly we were supplied many sets by VW before the withdrawal and these are genuine sales and have warranties, if anyone gets an issue tell them you bought them from me and I have the papertrail to support it

Never had any problems with VW even outside of warranty I've had some quite hefty bills covered by my local dealer.
The warranty will be on the product itself from the date of purchase, they can't argue with that.
Quite why anyone would want to attack a brand new set of standard bars and retro fit some lights is beyond me especially when they aren't that much more expensive anyway.

It does indeed, normal service is resumed we have a few sets available from stock but no guarantees if VW will attempt to block purchase again at some point in the future ??

@Pauly Oooooo!! Very very interested in a SWB set, how do the lights work/where are they wired to?
Each bar has a wire coming from it that enters the van under the respective seat each side, from here there are prewired/preterminated cables that run up through A pillars and connect to front interior roof light this then activates the puddle lights when you lock/unlock vehicle and open doors etc ..... but it is done this way to make it suitable for all vehicles, if you have a kombi then you have a rear step light and the interior lighting all activates/deactivates together (PV doesnt) so you could keep all wiring low level under floor etc and connect to step light cabling instead either at the step light or nearer the front seats as this wiring comes from passenger seat area anyway but would require cutting of the plugs that come with the step lights shortening the cable and joining to the existing loom somewhere

HELP interior lights stay on ! I fitted the sport line sidebars with puddle lights purchased from the T6 shop as per the instructions, ran cables into the light console as per plug n play instructions into the cab, firtsly the fuse in the fuse holder was blown so replaced that and lights all worked with a lovely puddle underneath each door, but when turning ignition on the interior lights stay on, that's in the cab and the rear. I disconnected the puddle lights and still the same, I removed the splitter cable for the puddle lights and replaced the original into the cab light and rear lights go out but cab lights stay on, this means the interior lights and puddle lights will stay on whilst driving unless I manually turn them off, the lights do extinguish when I lock the van, checked all connections and all look good - really apreciate any advice/ideas?

HELP interior lights stay on ! I fitted the sport line sidebars with puddle lights purchased from the T6 shop as per the instructions, ran cables into the light console as per plug n play instructions into the cab, firtsly the fuse in the fuse holder was blown so replaced that and lights all worked with a lovely puddle underneath each door, but when turning ignition on the interior lights stay on, that's in the cab and the rear. I disconnected the puddle lights and still the same, I removed the splitter cable for the puddle lights and replaced the original into the cab light and rear lights go out but cab lights stay on, this means the interior lights and puddle lights will stay on whilst driving unless I manually turn them off, the lights do extinguish when I lock the van, checked all connections and all look good - really apreciate any advice/ideas?
This will sound random but have you switched everything off, walked away and had a brew and come back an hour or so later? I had issues with the rear door not showing as closed when it was and it was just the hyper sensitive T6 system throwing a tantrum. Disconnect the battery.. walk away. Reconnect.. try again.
You will need to re set the front windows having disconnected the battery though...

as per above, if you have vcds, have a check on that for anything too.. slam all doors, as although it might look closed, it might not have registered.. thats a common "feature" on these..

Thanks guys, but disconnecting battery didn't work, I've slammed all the doors and MFD shows them as shut, now at a loss what to do next, also no faults showing on VCDS..............any ideas gratefully receivend

Thanks guys, but disconnecting battery didn't work, I've slammed all the doors and MFD shows them as shut, now at a loss what to do next, also no faults showing on VCDS..............any ideas gratefully receivend
Hmmmm my only other suggestion is to do as Pauly suggested and wire them into the rear door step lights...

So, back to basics...

Disconnect all additional wiring mods for step lights that you've done.. And all lights back to normal?

If so, agree with as stated above, try in the rear step light connectors.. Just not clear that the lights have so far returned to normal having had the wires disconnected? Please let us know..

I had nearly same problem when fitting side door power latching interior light and step staying on but mfd was showing side door open when it was closed.
I Disconnected what cables I had done and all was good after a hour or so. Havnt had chance to sort problem out yet
I've just took delivery of my sportline bars but not looked at them yet but plan on connecting into the sliding door step.

The module controlling (among other things) interior lights got a software update September last year. What I noticed before the update was that my LED-replacements for original bulbs (interior lights front and back) still received enough current to be lit on (not full brightness though) when they were not supposed to, that is, doors closed, ignition on, even when driving and when vehicle was parked – when everything was supposed to be fully shut down o_O.

Besides that I experienced some other strange inconsistencies in the operation of interior lights before the update, mostly no light when I supposed them to be lit. But as I was experimenting things I just blamed myself messing up :( because shutting down and restarting seemed to solve the issues :).

So, just a thought…:unsure:

How are you getting on with this, any progress ?
If you are still having problems PM me your number and I will give you a call and see if we can figure it out

Fixed my issue, the lesson is don't trap cables and short them out in the A pillar,

View attachment 9165
View attachment 9166

You know that makes sense.... You just wanted to pose another forum challenge.. :D, glad you sorted it out.. Most problems have a simple route cause, it's just a case of going back to basics and working through it in a methodical manner.. After a cuppa, as a beer or two doesn't help the fault finding process.. :thumbsup: Looking good, and well worth the effort.. :thumbsup::)

Back