LED Sportline Sidebars

I just went and signed my paperwork for a Wednesday pickup for my van. Told the dealer that these had been released. Had no idea. Not a clue.

I have come to realise that this is the case with most main dealers..

Looking forward to a pic and how to video.. especially the wireing side of things??.
:thumbsup:

I agree with the dealers, i knew more than them when i was ordering mine even thow my rep mike was pretty good, i still beat him on a few things. Cant beat a bit of research first is what i say ;)

I opened one up to have a look, the physical fitting is the same as normal sidebars, the wiring is shown as entering vehicle through existing rubber grommet under van entering under seat, cable then runs up A pillar and has plug and play connections to go into main front roof light.
This makes sense if fitting to a panel van as lighting can be separate between front and rear of vehicle so this will ensure sidebars always light up when locking/unlocking
If the vehicle is a kombi then lighting is linked through the van and all comes on and off together so i cant think why it couldnt be connected to step light which would be much easier to get to with little to no trim removal ?!?!

I opened one up to have a look, the physical fitting is the same as normal sidebars, the wiring is shown as entering vehicle through existing rubber grommet under van entering under seat, cable then runs up A pillar and has plug and play connections to go into main front roof light.
This makes sense if fitting to a panel van as lighting can be separate between front and rear of vehicle so this will ensure sidebars always light up when locking/unlocking
If the vehicle is a kombi then lighting is linked through the van and all comes on and off together so i cant think why it couldnt be connected to step light which would be much easier to get to with little to no trim removal ?!?!
They do love to make it tricky!!! How long do you reckon they would take to fit mate?

I'm up for a set of these as soon as I get a delivery date, hoping for the first week of March if they manage to build it right this time...

They do love to make it tricky!!! How long do you reckon they would take to fit mate?

They are not overly difficult to fit but the fixings go in behind the plastic undertray of the van so to make a nice job i like to remove the tray entirely, fit the bars, then trim the tray whilst refitting it for a nice neat cut. It is possible to do it with the tray in place and just taking out half the fixings and bending the outer edge down to get the fixings in but i wouldnt/didnt do this to my van so i wouldnt do it to someone elses
Doing it properly on a ramp i would say a few hours, two(ish) hours to get the metalwork physically bolted on then maybe another hour or two to connect them up depending on how its wired.
The instructions show them wired to the front interior light which would be required on a panel van (with separate front and rear lighting) but on a kombi (one lighting circuit throughout) they could possibly be wired into the rear step lights to simplify it a bit but havent done one yet so will have to see

Hi @Pauly did you get these onto the T6 shop, don't see them and did anyone put distructions together ?

Cheers
Ehuplad

I have temporarily removed most of the VW accessories from the forum shop while we work out some pricing issues with VW, the majority of these prices should be sorted today and available again in the shop asap

I had a set of these off @Pauly and must say pretty easy and straight forward to fit
They came with pretty clear distructions too @ehuplad :thumbsup:

I have a twin sliding door Kombi and as @Pauly suggested i wired them up straight to the sliding door step light either side

All working a treat and really does look the part

Cool thanks chaps, no need to rush it on my behalf.

@Markey is a ramp job or did you do in on the driveway?

Done them on the drive, Changed the wheels the same time so van was up in the air a tad on the jack which made it a bit more accessible

I will also add that i was lying on 10mm underlay being in the carpet industry :D

Does anyone have the VW part number, will see what the dealer will do them fitted for and then decide if I get from here and fit myself.
Dealer only has code for bars with no lights.

Cheers

Was quoted £545 from the dealer but that was for the non led ones....Was told they can't fit the led ones to non sportlines....WTF!

Bull shit aye....haha.... thats why i ordered off the forum :thumbsup:

Its provinv difficult.. if anyone manages to get a set, pls let us know.
Thanks.

LED bars have been withdrawn from the shop and are no longer available.
VW will only supply these now if you own a Sportline and can prove it !

Back