Hello from a new Sportline owner!

jamesmack

VIP Member
Good evening gents, and ladies

I joined a couple of weeks ago in anticipation of buying my new van and now I have it I thought I'd make an introduction! I went for the lwb sportline and I have loved it so far this weekend, I plan on keeping it how it is for the next few months to see what I pick up on..

Already know I want to be booking in for the tvs dsg remap, not sure about an engine remap as its 204 and I feel its just right.

Anyway, a couple of pics for now and I'm sure I'll get to know some of you later..

Thanks guys

20240324_175904.jpg
20240324_180000.jpg

Stunning van that.

You’ll find the more time you spend here, the more you’ll feel you need to change it. When in reality you didn’t have to change it very much at all. You’ll realise this when you’re a few thousand into changing it & it’s way too late to turn back.

Welcome to the forum mate. Strap in & enjoy!

Thank you @T6Plumber

Ah I know I can already tell haha. There are things I want to do but want to give it a few months first.

Things I will be looking into is the tvs remap, I love the wheels but feel they are a bit small and they don't have that design in 20" so maybe looking at some chunkier tyres and lowering slightly. Audio, would love to have the interior door cards and lower dash trimmed but I have a feeling the cost will decide on that one. Also need to be realistic as I am a builder so perhaps a set of seat covers will do for the interior!

Thank you @T6Plumber

Ah I know I can already tell haha. There are things I want to do but want to give it a few months first.

Things I will be looking into is the tvs remap, I love the wheels but feel they are a bit small and they don't have that design in 20" so maybe looking at some chunkier tyres and lowering slightly. Audio, would love to have the interior door cards and lower dash trimmed but I have a feeling the cost will decide on that one. Also need to be realistic as I am a builder so perhaps a set of seat covers will do for the interior!

I know what you mean about seat covers vs full retrim mate. I looked into that & have decided against it for similar reasons. Looking at circa £1600 for the proper job. Just to grind dust & debris into them. There are some good looking & hard wearing seat skins out there that won’t break the bank.

As I’m sure you’re already aware, almost anything you’re thinking of doing has been covered in great detail here. And it’s a dead handy one stop shop to reference before booking in for anything major, so you go into it with your eyes wide open. If it’s your daily work van, & time spent off the road is wages down the drain, the jeopardy of getting it wrong is magnified somewhat!

I’m a Builder too! Only seen one other Black Sportline on the Road which looked awesome!
I have my neighbours Hydroquip blankets over my seats for protection. Still need to lower it plus upgrade the shite speakers!!
I’m so busy that I can’t get round to doing all the things I want including bigger 20” Rolls Royce with Spinners!!

I think the sportline looks best in the grey you have or the white, the features of the bumper don't stand out as much all in black but when I saw this one there was just something about it, plus it has twin sliders which are ideal for me!

Haha people already think we earn too much let alone when our vans would have rolls Royce wheels on them would look mega tho, I'm thinking some chunkier looking tyres and slightly lowered, but then I've seen the bronze vossen wheels which I think would work well

I'll update when I know 100%, but it's not the end of the world I think they have plenty of power for a van, just wouldn't mind abit more if it was available that's all haha

Back