For Sale LED Footwell Lighting kits

Hi @saxoboy , I've seen the posts saying these fit T5.1s. Interested in a kit for my 2011, if you have any kits can you let me know a long with any instructions so I know where to splice in to . Thanks mate

Hi Guys,

I have finally got around to creating an LED Footwell Light Kit….it comes with intensive instructions and all the bits and pieces for you to connect it into your van….all you need are the tools to fit it…..brute will and a crimper!

View attachment 61626 View attachment 61627

I’m after £27 per kit which, as always includes postage. The LED Footlights work like the existing courtesy lights in your van i.e. they will turn on when a door is opened and fade off in a few seconds, they will not stay on when driving….they are not sold as ambient lighting.

I do do other kits, which are; (and they all come with everything to connect the lights to your van including T-Taps and cable ties)

• Welcome/ Puddle Light Kit - £35 - Cast the VW emblem on the floor to create light before you enter the van when you open either the passenger or drivers door.
  • Glove Box Light & Switch Kit - £32 - a light for the glove box that turns on when you open the glove box....VW seemed to have forgotten to spend a few quid!

Thanks for looking ….Matt
Do you sent to Nederland (dutch) if so I will like the foot and welcome light kit for my T6 thanks

I've just fitted mine along with the puddle lights i bought quite a while ago. Easy to fit if you're a bit handy, and the effect is superb. Very pleased!

I finally got round to fitting the kit (which looks great by the way) that I purchased months ago but have got stuck at the final hurdle. My 2019 T6 highline kombi does not have the red/brown wire in the white multiplug as specified in the instructions. The red/black wire is there along with a brown/white wire of the same thickness and three thinner wires that are purple/yellow, orange/green and orange/black (or could be orange/brown, hard to tell).

I tried using the red/black and brown/white wires to power the footwell lights but it didn't seem to work.

Last edited:
Hi @Tsixty, you may have wiring from a T6.1.....if this is the case the wiring should be this, red/ black and brown/ white;
1637149959286.png
Odd if that is the case though....hope this helps....Matt

@saxoboy thanks. I don't think that's what I have. I think I have this, T10ab is the white multiplug. I'm wondering if I need to to go to the Red/Brown wire on pin 17 of T17k which is the green multiplug in the same place?
1637152623528.png

Last edited:
Hi @Tsixty, i'm not 100% sure.....the Red/ Black wire is the +ve and the Brown/ Red wire is the -ve (but timed) wire normally in the T6.....I would try it, from looking at the diagram the Brown/ Red wire goes into the bank of switches on the overhead (I'm assuming this is not the usual overhead cabin light, is it a shuttle?) and this forms the circuit when the 'door open' switch is set to open when the doors come on the cabin light comes on....this should be the same as the footwell lights. Red/ Black is defo the one.....Matt

Hi Guys,

I have finally got around to creating an LED Footwell Light Kit….it comes with intensive instructions and all the bits and pieces for you to connect it into your van….all you need are the tools to fit it…..brute will and a crimper!

View attachment 61626 View attachment 61627

I’m after £27 per kit which, as always includes postage. The LED Footlights work like the existing courtesy lights in your van i.e. they will turn on when a door is opened and fade off in a few seconds, they will not stay on when driving….they are not sold as ambient lighting.

I do do other kits, which are; (and they all come with everything to connect the lights to your van including T-Taps and cable ties)

• Welcome/ Puddle Light Kit - £35 - Cast the VW emblem on the floor to create light before you enter the van when you open either the passenger or drivers door.
  • Glove Box Light & Switch Kit - £32 - a light for the glove box that turns on when you open the glove box....VW seemed to have forgotten to spend a few quid!

Thanks for looking ….Matt
I would like some footwell lights please!

Back