For Sale LED Footwell Lighting kits

@Tsixty, I am glad of your post as just bought the footwell kit so you have gone through the pain for me!
@Rhodders I'm about to make my own roof ambient lights for our style of roof console, with the sunroof dial. I've figured out the wiring and how to mount them. I'm just waiting for the LEDs I've ordered to turn up. Watch this space.

Excellent @Tsixty. Look fwd to hearing how you get on.
Finally got round to doing my own variation on on the overhead ambient cabin lighting. The kit @saxoboy supplies doesn't work for those of us that have the alternative roof console, so I did mine myself. The middle trim piece where the 2 LEDs are fitted pops out if you start at the edge closest to the windscreen. On the reverse there are already two perfectly placed dimples in the moulding to drill two 6mm holes. The LEDs then just clip in. Pop the panel off with the sunroof dial, again it comes off edge closest to the windscreen first and in there you can tap into the wires that illuminate the dial, which are controlled by the dash illumination dimmer switch so they will dim with the rest of the instrumentation. I forgot to take a picture but the two wires are obvious, they are the only two that go alone into a black connector on the dial (the other connector on the dial has 5 wires in it) the -ve is brown the +ve is grey with a blue trace I think. All in all once I got round to it 15 minute job.

20220426_181052.jpg

20220426_181109.jpg

I fitted my kit just over a week ago along with the footwell LED kit supplied by @saxoboy .

Surprised by how easy it was to actually fit once I finally found my trim removal tools and hex screwdriver bit set.

Hardest parts were the bloody trim under the dash for the footwell lights as the metal clips kept falling out as I attempted to refit the trim panel! Only under the steering wheel though. Passenger side was a breeze.

The only other issue was removing the A pillar grab handle cover. An absolute pain in the butt to do.

PXL_20220410_161802357.jpg

PXL_20220410_161807139.jpg

Finally got round to doing my own variation on on the overhead ambient cabin lighting. The kit @saxoboy supplies doesn't work for those of us that have the alternative roof console, so I did mine myself. The middle trim piece where the 2 LEDs are fitted pops out if you start at the edge closest to the windscreen. On the reverse there are already two perfectly placed dimples in the moulding to drill two 6mm holes. The LEDs then just clip in. Pop the panel off with the sunroof dial, again it comes off edge closest to the windscreen first and in there you can tap into the wires that illuminate the dial, which are controlled by the dash illumination dimmer switch so they will dim with the rest of the instrumentation. I forgot to take a picture but the two wires are obvious, they are the only two that go alone into a black connector on the dial (the other connector on the dial has 5 wires in it) the -ve is brown the +ve is grey with a blue trace I think. All in all once I got round to it 15 minute job.

View attachment 154540

View attachment 154541
Nice one @Tsixty. Looks great and appreciate the trail- blazing advice, another mod to covet.

Nice one @Tsixty. Looks great and appreciate the trail- blazing advice, another mod to covet.
I made a small change last night - the LEDs were sticking out a bit too far from their holders which made them look a bit daft but also they were distracting a bit at night. I've pushed them up into their holders a bit further so they don't protrude now which looks better, but more importantly the light predominantly comes downwards only which is much less distracting.

Hi @saxoboy, I messaged you a short while ago about a glove box light. I'd be interested in your footwell and puddle lights too. Thanks, Andy

Has anyone ever fitted these in the bottom section of the front seats to give light to the rear bench seat passengers? I realise they would need to be cut out in order to fit.

A mate, asked me that same question other day as he just ordered footwells. Going to have look tomorrow evening, let you know how we get on

Hi @Kev.O and @Adst6bus yes is the answer....just depends if you have swivel seats or not....I have made a few sets of these in the past......or if you already have front footwell lights, just buy a second set and extend the wires to the connection with the van...Matt

I don't have swivel seats currently but the thought has crossed my mind. Will they not work with swivel seats?

Hi @Kev.O they will work with swivel seats, obviously easy with 2x separate single seats (bases stay where they are), more difficult if you have still got the bench seat, it would mean you need to think about the length of wire and how you push it back once you return the swivel seat (just the passenger double, as it has the metal base) to normal position....maybe more work for not much gain....unless you like a little faff :)

I have a captains seat for the passenger side so no issues there.

Please can I have a cost for footwell, welcome puddle lights and glove box light?

Last edited:
While the thread is bumped, does anyone have a copy of the instructions? My LHS light is no longer working, and I need to take the bits out to see what has happened.

Back