Leather / Vinyl / Cloth Pros and cons

B@rrow

T6 Pro
Need to make up my mind for the covering on my new bed, probably going for a Titan mid mount.

Need some inspriation with the covering material. Im thinking Leather may be hot and cloth may mark?

any experience on this would be welcomed.

What are the rest of the seats covered with? I've not slept on it but I suspect you might be right in that leather would be hot, I wouldn't touch vinyl aka 'plastic' or, if you want to be posh, 'pleather' with a bargepole for any seating. Cloth would be good to sleep on. Whatever happens, you shouldn't sleep directly on the seat material - use a mattress topper of some sort.

I’m about to upgrade my seats, I’ve been advised “vinyl “ coz I have a dog! ... but I was thinking leather... & maybe have the back of the RIB rear seat/bed done in some kind of soft fabric??? Any ideas anybody??

Personally, I wouldn't touch plastic seats with a bargepole. Why not have the seats all done in leather to match and then stick a washable / sacrificiall 'dog protector' on the back. You could use anything really but purpose made things are cheap enough. Also, do you plan to sleep on a bed which smells of dog? I'm a dog owner but never let them on the furniture (apart from one dedicated dog chair) and certainly never, ever on the bed - to my knowledge, at least (I'll get me tin hat and coat!).

Personally, I wouldn't touch plastic seats with a bargepole. Why not have the seats all done in leather to match and then stick a washable / sacrificiall 'dog protector' on the back. You could use anything really but purpose made things are cheap enough. Also, do you plan to sleep on a bed which smells of dog? I'm a dog owner but never let them on the furniture (apart from one dedicated dog chair) and certainly never, ever on the bed - to my knowledge, at least (I'll get me tin hat and coat!).
Not gonna let the dog on the seats or defo not on the bed, and would put some cover over them just in case he tried to sneak up on them! maybe i misled in my question mentioning the dog.... a guy at the conversion company was recommending vinyl coz its more hard wearing.... but you've swayed me anyway, coz I've told them i want Leather now!.... for the sake of another £600 I'd be mad not to....thanks for your advise Ayjay

Good choice which I doubt you will ever regret. Don't forget tp post some pics when it's done.

Back