Leaking door seals

Pauly

VCDS User
Admin
When parked sideways on a lean during wet weather I get water puddling on steps, spoke to dealer and they said they've already had a few in with this problem and it's an easy fix to adjust door catch a couple mm to get a tighter fit.
Can't help but think it's going to pull doors in so they are out of alignment with side of van, not going in for a few weeks so will have to wait and see ??

Hmm, had the same issue in the T5 after heavy rain. Just left it how it was, no rust there.

Blimey, you'd think they could seal a damn door!
Notorious problem on T3 with rusty steps very common.

I had it on my T5 as well but never really bothered me as it was occasional but now I have moved house the T6 is parked on a slope daily so its an issue

@Pauly ,this used to happen on my T5.1
Only when parked with two wheels on kerb .check it's not coming out of the bottom of the door card .water got in and ran down the cables and ran over speaker ,the filled step up .vw sorted it but it happened again ,I got a new window rubber and put silicon around all cables that came through the tin plate .

Good shout @carlg , that kinda makes sense as when I open door to see puddle there is no sign of water entry and no visible wet path to the puddle, I have ran my fingers around the door seal (front/back/in grooves etc) and its all dry, I have been trying to figure where exactly its getting in but couldn't so you may have hit the nail on the head

I had small puddles on front foot steps. Tightened up roof rail blanking plugs. No more puddles since. Lift up front mats and cab carpet/cab rubber and see if damp.

I think I can beat all the above,
on delivery of my T6, I took it on a 2000 km jaunt around Europe, within 5 days I had.....
EM light flashing Amber ( dealer told me It was a known issue with one of the turbos!)
Water dripping from the top of drivers door frame down onto my arm, all door seals pretty poor,work still ongoing with dealership
Horrific wind noise inside cabin,making it almost impossible to make a phone call from the back seats.
Very bad rumbling sound throughout the vehicle (fixed by dealership changing bearing in front of prop)
It's our second VW but this one is testing my patience greatly.

Btw, does any one know where acoustic glass replacement windows could be sourced?
Thanks,
Tony

@TO Autoglass probably, as they will have to stock them if someone with a Caravelle needs a replacement. You could "chip " yours and ask nicely for the Caravelle acoustic replacements.

Thanks Scruffy, I will give them a ring, I'm after the lot,not just the main screen as the wind noise is way too loud for the cost of the vehicle.

The Caravelle is amazingly quiet, we have the acoustic package and it's way quieter than our Yeti.

Thanks for the info but I spoke directly with the VW Special vehicle team today, quoted our chassis number and it seems that they supplied a pimped up Highline rather than the Business line we ordered! ( at twice the price of the Highline )
It's got most stuff apart from what we really need for a mobile office,namely great soundproofing and acoustic Windows.
Good old VW,always managing to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory :)
Regards,
Tony

I've got a "noise" coming from the drivers side of the engine bay. It's been into VW, and they heard it, but couldn't pin it down so couldn't go any further. They thought it could be "turbulence" in the airfilter box caused by the turbo, but who knows.

mine went into the dealer for the drivers body door seal, as it was coming away from the body. they replaced this but yesterday I noticed I now have a water leak coming from that seal

Back