Leaking door seals

Just an update for you guys took it back into the dealer and said they couldn't do anything with it! It's a bodyshop issue and I would need to speak to them problem is my dealer bodyshop has shut down! They said I will have to wait till they reopen/merge with an approved vw bodyshop down the road. I said I wasn't happy with this and have contacted vw uk and they are looking into the matter.

If they cant fix it they should find someone that can, if they dont help i would ring VW UK yourself, they should IMO give you a courtesy and transport yours somewhere to get it sorted

That's not good. VW UK are usually really good so you should see some action. I had a problem with my GTi and my dealership ended up being told what to do by Wolfsburg office!

When parked sideways on a lean during wet weather I get water puddling on steps, spoke to dealer and they said they've already had a few in with this problem and it's an easy fix to adjust door catch a couple mm to get a tighter fit.
Can't help but think it's going to pull doors in so they are out of alignment with side of van, not going in for a few weeks so will have to wait and see ??

Just been out to mine tonight..........big puddle on passenger side step! Parked at a slight angle.....checked area beneath bottom of door card. That's definitely where it's coming from.....so it's got inside the door and leaked out where the door card meets the door frame. Just to complicate matters, I had some door speakers fitted last week......could they have punctured a membrane somewhere? This is the problem with modding these vans.....if I take it back to VW, I know they'll say someones been messing about with this and tell me to get stuffed!

Mine was the felt seal along top outer edge of door not contacting glass on the front inch or two

Seem to have water leaking in from the sliding door not the front doors. Van parked nose down and not moved for 6 weeks. When sliding door opens water leaks onto the ground and some water remains at the left side of the door opening. Wondering if I'm not alone with this water issue. Have informed the dealer yet as it's not drivable.

Seem to have water leaking in from the sliding door not the front doors. Van parked nose down and not moved for 6 weeks. When sliding door opens water leaks onto the ground and some water remains at the left side of the door opening. Wondering if I'm not alone with this water issue. Have informed the dealer yet as it's not drivable.
Why is it not driveable mate? The front doors are wet cell so water always comes out of mine.

Hi guys, just brought 2016 t6 panel van and noticed n/s door seal coming away from body hope vw will sort out under warranty ?:(.

Just been out to mine tonight..........big puddle on passenger side step! Parked at a slight angle.....checked area beneath bottom of door card. That's definitely where it's coming from.....so it's got inside the door and leaked out where the door card meets the door frame. Just to complicate matters, I had some door speakers fitted last week......could they have punctured a membrane somewhere? This is the problem with modding these vans.....if I take it back to VW, I know they'll say someones been messing about with this and tell me to get stuffed!

I had the same issue with my Astravan. New door speakers were fitted and water started dripping inside.
Turns out that there was plastic speaker covers over the top of original speakers. As water gets inside all doors, the plastic shroud is there to divert the water away. They were left out after speaker replacement.
Sorted easily by removing the speaker, fitting a thick piece of polythene inside the speaker hole and refitting the speaker.
No water now and no difference to speaker.

I removed the sliding door step on my 2016 T6 Kombi to sell prior to camper upgrade. There was a puddle of water under the plastic step laying in the floor recess, it doesnt appear to be entering through the sliding door seal as the top of the step has never been found wet.
I have now drilled and primed a 5mm hole through the 3 sandwiched steel plates to allow water to drain to the lower sliding door recess.
When flushing out dirt before painting with clean water I noticed water draining from the front nearside wheel arch; it appears that the body ‘sill’ is open between the wheel arch and the forward end of the sliding door, this is probably where the water is entering.
I’m starting to think about giving my van the Waxoil treatment in the interest of longevity.

Mine had both seals replaced to stop water leaks

Back