Leaking bonded window now rectified.

Colstroid

Had a leaky bonded window. Looked into removing it myself but national windscreens will remove and re-bond it for 70 quid. Worth the money I reckon. They also showed me the difference between the kit sealant I used and the product they use. The difference in quality is night and day. I bought my windows from kiravans with the bonding kit. The windows are good quality but the sealant they supply is called winbond. Won't be using that in future and for the sake of a few quid, peace of mind and a gaurentee its probably worth getting windows done professionally. Hope this is of some help to someone.

Quick update on this..
I asked how much they would they charge to bond in windows if I supplied the glass and carried out the prep work myself.
It's £30 per window, the work is guaranteed and they'll come to your house. Good to know :)

Reactions: JOG
Can’t sneeze at that, especially if you’re more confident about the results.

Would National Windscreens cut the holes and fit windows? I’m trying to work out the difference the stuff they use and Auto Winscreens et al because when they replace a screen you can drive it after half hour. Any converters I have spoken to say you can’t use the van until the day after. There must be some reason / Explanation.

Would National Windscreens cut the holes and fit windows? I’m trying to work out the difference the stuff they use and Auto Winscreens et al because when they replace a screen you can drive it after half hour. Any converters I have spoken to say you can’t use the van until the day after. There must be some reason / Explanation.
No, I don't think they would do the cut outs. The sealant kiravans supplied said good to go after an hour but maybe some converters don't want to chance it? I guess road vibration could disrupt the bond if it hasn't quite cured? Leaving it 24hrs is probably a good shout to be safe.

No, I don't think they would do the cut outs. The sealant kiravans supplied said good to go after an hour but maybe some converters don't want to chance it? I guess road vibration could disrupt the bond if it hasn't quite cured? Leaving it 24hrs is probably a good shout to be safe.
Why disturb a curing bond?!!

Back