LB Isolation

Trekster

I am something of a newbie; I have an Victron Orion 30A DC charger and lifepo4 battery. The van is a daily driver but the leisure battery will only be needed about once every month for a weekend away.
Do I need to put the DC charger into storage mode for the weeks that I will not be in need of the leisure battery (I.E 13.2v) or would a manual isolator be the better of the two? If isolator, I take it that would be needed between the DC charger and battery to stop the charger topping it up every time I use the van?

If the leisure battery is fully charged it can’t be further charged, IMO you don’t need to do anything.
I’ve put an isolator between my vehicle and leisure batteries but that more a safety measure in case of an accident.

I am something of a newbie; I have an Victron Orion 30A DC charger and lifepo4 battery. The van is a daily driver but the leisure battery will only be needed about once every month for a weekend away.
Do I need to put the DC charger into storage mode for the weeks that I will not be in need of the leisure battery (I.E 13.2v) or would a manual isolator be the better of the two? If isolator, I take it that would be needed between the DC charger and battery to stop the charger topping it up every time I use the van?
Just leave it as is. Assuming you’re using the correct charging profile on the Orion, once the battery is fully charged, the Orion will go into “float” mode.

Back