Lazer Lamps

What is the fit like? As I said earlier in the thread, the ones I saw at a show looked to be a bit wobbly as the grille had some flex in it. How steady are they? Nothing worse than bright lights that shake abo
Just to add to that, the Lazer lights have position lights as well as full bore main beams.

I have found them for £496.20 inc VAT from Nicky Grist, so I'm hovering over the button right now. I just need to find a Highline grille as I'm buggered if I'm cutting up my Caravelle one.
do it u only live once lol. The only thing I have to do is adjust the lights to get the right position for the beam as they seem to be a little high n facing to the left .but once sorted in the correct position should be good .
But I do find it funny when drivin down a country lane when someone has there lights on full beam coming at u . Ready aim and fire lmao . My only tip is to take you time, it’s easy enough to do so don’t rush .

Lights ordered today and off to pick up a Highline grille tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Bet u can’t wait Christmas present to yourself I bet lol . I’m well please with mine.definitely upsetting car drivers on full beam. The only thing I find is cos there so bright it take your eyes a few seconds to adjust when u switch them off .

Bet u can’t wait Christmas present to yourself I bet lol . I’m well please with mine.definitely upsetting car drivers on full beam. The only thing I find is cos there so bright it take your eyes a few seconds to adjust when u switch them off .
Sounds safe all round then:rolleyes:

I'd say there will be a massive difference between these on main beam and the flickering candle dipped beam of the H4s.

HIDs in projectors shouldn't be as bad for that.

Had ST4s installed on my t6.1 3 wks ago. Wow. What a difference driving in dark. I have experienced them in artic Finland and they are even better there due to additional snow glow/reflection. Not to be underestimated in rural Wales either:)

Stage 1 carried out today as time was short and I ran out of daylight. Bumper off to swap the Caravelle grille for a Highline one. Thanks @T6180 I actually prefer the Highline one.

IMG-20201212-WA0003.jpg

Whilst this was happening, I took the opportunity to swap the halogen main beam bulbs for LEDs. So main beam, until tomorrow looks like this

IMG_20201212_170432.jpg

I put the wiring in for the Lazers, so tomorrow will just be a case of cutting the holes and plugging them in.

I think I prefer the Highline grille. Along with the chrome in the lower grille, I think it's just enough.

IMG_20201213_084810.jpg

Out with the saw to the point of no return

IMG_20201213_093642.jpg

Last edited:
So what happens when you’ve just got your sidelights on? And then dipped beam? Can you put some pictures up of that please?

Side lights are just dimmed DRLs and dipped beam is just the outer projectors with the HIDs in, as in the last picture. Main beam in addition to that is the inner LED bulbs in the headlights and the Lazers.

There is an option of having position lights that operate with the side lights, but I didn't choose them. I bought the Triple R 750 Lazer Lamps Grille Kit - VW Transporter T6 High, Trend & Startline models

They are actually different lights to the ones in the link as they are larger. If you look, you'll see that I've needed to cut out 3 grille slats, whereas I think, the ones in the link are ST4s.

Also I notice looking back at @Base1388 picture, mine have different fittings. They are set closer to the center of the van. The inner fitting goes right up to the grille badge and has a screw that fixes it into it. This makes them more rigid as they don't feel wobbly like the ones I saw at a show last year.

Last edited:
Side lights are just dimmed DRLs and dipped beam is just the outer projectors with the HIDs in, as in the last picture. Main beam in addition to that is the inner LED bulbs in the headlights and the Lazers.

There is an option of having position lights that operate with the side lights, but I didn't choose them. I bought the Triple R 750 Lazer Lamps Grille Kit - VW Transporter T6 High, Trend & Startline models

They are actually different lights to the ones in the link as they are larger. If you look, you'll see that I've needed to cut out 3 grille slats, whereas I think, the ones in the link are ST4s.
I understand what you mean.... I didn’t realise the ‘position lights’ was an option.... I thought even with your sidelights on/and or headlights there would be some illumination from the Lazer Lamps. Thanks for that :thumbsup:

Once fitted, you can't easily get to the screws, but even when tightened up full, they can still pivot up and down with some controlled force. Left and right adjustments are not so easy. The one side of the fixing bracket has a slot where the screw goes through. It's pretty obvious when assembling where it needs to be, so that was bang on first time.

Back