Land Rover Defender 18” steel wheels load rating?

GrizzlyHippo

I’ve been searching but cannot find this answer.

Does anyone know the load rating of the Land Rover Defender 18” steel wheels, LR143917. Some photos attached found on this board.

I’ve got a T32 LWB Kombi due to arrive approx. end of March and am trying to decide what customising to do.

For the wheels, it’s either these or the 18” Amorak steels for me at the moment.

Thanks everyone.

Tom

B7F1FF97-DC0D-4432-B7BE-1717D53BD345.jpeg

4FF74310-C4D8-452A-BEAA-F8983CAC9279.jpeg

According to Google the higest GVW of a Defender is just under 3400kg so I'm sure they'll be more than adequate for all Transporters.

Having had some myself, I can vouch that the quality / thickness of the steel used is a lot better than any VW based steel I've had in the past.

I can't comment on the load rating of them though, sorry.

As mentioned in my message the above reasons were why I accepted to use them regarding the vehicle they were for. When I got them they are heavier and appear stronger than the Amaroks steels.

I've had Amaroks and are now running LR (my Pure Grey van in the original post). The LR wheels are far far heavier built than the Amaroks. No idea of the actual rating and difficulty finding it on Google...perhaps a LR forum could answer ??

I wonder if anyone would really notice the extra 20 or 30kg anyway??
I can't really tell if I'm honest.

Die Tragfähigkeit pro Rad bei den Volkswagen T 32 (T 6) liegt bei 850 Kg. 4mal 850 entsprechen 3400Kg

The load capacity per wheel of the Volkswagen T 32 (T 6) is 850 kg. 4 times 850 correspond to 3400Kg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back