Lamp Fail Light Comes On When High Beam Flash Is Activated

Grim Reaper

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I have changed out all my front lights to LED, the DRL's are now 2x P21W CANBUS White Car Turn Signal Rear Light PHILIPS LEDs 1156 BA15S 382 80W The sidelights are now US $0.8 25% OFF| 1x T10 57 SMD 3014 LED Canbus Error Free Parking Light W5W WY5W W16W T15 194 57SMD Wedge Tail Side lamp Bulb Amber-in Signal Lamp from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group and the headlights are now F2 Led Headlight Car Headlamp Lighting System C-ree High Quality Bulbs With Driver In 1 Year Warranty - Buy F2 Driver Led Headlight Bulbs,Led Auto Car Light With Driver,Led Headlight C-ree F2 Lighting System Bulbs Product on Alibaba.com
All the lights work, DRLs, sides, dipped beam and main beam (push lever forwards) without raising any lamp fail light, and flash works on its own if the dipped are not on but if I accidentally flash the main beam (when turning the main beam off is particularly hard to get right without pulling the lever too far and flashing the mains) while the lights are on dipped setting on the rotary switch, the lamp fail light comes on and won't go out until the ignition is cycled.
Any ideas if this can be edited in VCDS to stop it happening?

You can look to see if it’s enabled and turn it off if it is, no guarantee but it’s worth a try

It’s worth noting it appears backwards in VCDS you need to tick the box to turn it off

Fixed the problem, ticked the Lamp fail monitoring for Dipped and Main beams, no more LAMP Fail light.:thumbsup:

Back