KV Double bench swivel ?

Undertoker

Undertaker
T6 Pro
Hi guys
i been looking at this
has any of you fitted one before and are they any good please ?
I ask as I’m toying with fitting one into my T6 front bench seat
thank you in advance
John

Yes, we have one in our camper. It works well.
Each of the 4 locking bolts needs to be undone before it swivels, so it’s not instant, but it takes only a couple of mins once you know how to do it.

Pete

Just check that you don’t have loads of electrics under the bench seat currently, and get the optional carpet and base plate - makes it much more usable for storage.

Pete

I do have some wires centrally under the seats, its set in the middle centre channel bit of them, but I can’t see what it is or where it’s for, I’m not sure what they are for, I guess I’ll have to do some homework, have a closer look and find out a bit more about these wires and if they can be hidden or rerouted
I don’t suppose you have any ideas what these electrics are possibly for under there guys ? Is it some sort of loom for heated seats or is it for a leisure battery option perhaps ?
thanks guys in advance you really are all very helpful and I appreciate it

Last edited:
On the Kiravans webpage that you posted, there is a link to the fitting instructions. It tells you how to deal with the basic wiring in the seat base. My Trendline had this basic wiring, and I just followed the instructions to get it out of the way.
Why not post a photo of what wiring you do have, and I am sure someone can advise.

Pete

Just noticed that the same webpage has a compatibility matrix, showing what options are not compatible with the swivel base.

Pete

I also am looking at swivel bench seat and I think the MS craft one has advantages .I recommend watching dubious engineering video on you tube. I like that the seat rolls and turns .I think it would allow access for driver to cab without opening doors.

I also am looking at swivel bench seat and I think the MS craft one has advantages .I recommend watching dubious engineering video on you tube. I like that the seat rolls and turns .I think it would allow access for driver to cab without opening doors.
I have th MSCraft one and it is really good. Worth noting though that to get into the drivers cab, the 5 securing bolts need to be undone and the 2 at the front are under the seat so obviously these need to be done from the front first.

Hi Gavinsky you know because you have one I don't yet but if you roll seat facing rear of van and then turn seat as if you were looking out of side door . couldn't you then get past .

love my Craft swivel it has a base plate raised feet keeping it up off the electrics that tuck into the small floor recess its very heavy solid made and pulls back into the back section you can sit looking out the sliding door there's not much room for access into the back and it also has bolts comes complete with a cover that goes over the rollers
i' ll have a look to see if there's access into the back with it half way but transporters are tiny but do recommend the Craft if that helps

Hi Pete
looking more closely it simply appears to be three pass through connectors mate, simply block connectors and only half populated.
I think this must be to accomodate a leisure battery setup in some way or perhaps heated / Electric heated seating option as there would be no need for it otherwise, it could simply be a solid loom passing under the seat, so its clearly for some sort of optional extra that i dont have - should i want to plug it in.
Im gessing this could be rechanelled or tucked under the matting - albeit caefully and i also noticed there is a recess/gap between the plates on these swival bases that will possibly take these plugs in without damaging them perhaps ? - a bit of homework needed because im a fussy sod and i have to have things done properly
Ill try and post a picture of it
Edit - see pic below

van loom.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_6758.jpeg

After a lot of research I went for the MS craft as it offers front cab entry, sliding door view and positions into the rear of the van for dining when needed.

Last edited:
Hi Pete
looking more closely it simply appears to be three pass through connectors mate, simply block connectors and only half populated.
I think this must be to accomodate a leisure battery setup in some way or perhaps heated / Electric heated seating option as there would be no need for it otherwise, it could simply be a solid loom passing under the seat, so its clearly for some sort of optional extra that i dont have - should i want to plug it in.
Im gessing this could be rechanelled or tucked under the matting - albeit caefully and i also noticed there is a recess/gap between the plates on these swival bases that will possibly take these plugs in without damaging them perhaps ? - a bit of homework needed because im a fussy sod and i have to have things done properly
Ill try and post a picture of it
Edit - see pic below

Have a read of the Kiravans instructions I referenced above - that talks about putting those in a recess under the rubber floor. That's what I did.

Pete

have a look on You Tube there loads on there fitting swivels shows you how to take the blocks out of that divider plate re connect them and tuck them under the floor ITS EASY

REMEMBER DO NOT SWITCH YOUR IGNITION ON while the Seats are removed OR the air bag warning light will illuminate and need resetting. £££

REMEMBER DO NOT SWITCH YOUR IGNITION ON while the Seats are removed OR the air bag warning light will illuminate and need resetting. £££

That's a very quick and easy reset that most garages will do for a tinny if needed.

Back