[GUIDE] How to fit an MS Craft T6 Double Seat Sliding Swivel Base

OllieGBR

VCDS user
VIP Member
T6 Guru

Have anyone fitted/ have experience of using this sliding double seat base?

I'm keeping the double chair setup for the moment, and like the idea of being able to bring another two seats closer to the table, if you need to be inside, (cold/ wet/ playing cards etc...).

Have anyone fitted/ have experience of using this sliding double seat base?

I'm keeping the double chair setup for the moment, and like the idea of being able to bring another two seats closer to the table, if you need to be inside, (cold/ wet/ playing cards etc...).

hi Ollie i found this ... Dub-EnG: DIY VW T6 Dubios - Engineering camper conversion Part 2 shows a good video on fitting the the craft seat its so easy to fit and use a into the back of the van... he goes into good detail with it

i got the craft seat here it is a very heavy but well made unit i went with that to keep the under seat storage and a seat to look out the side door

my only question with it is will i need to use the 2 bolts fitted inside once the seat bases are full of stuff im thinking the 3 rear bolts would be fine to hold it all in place. i just need to cut out my bulk head and get it fitted

Hello Mud Digger, I remember watching that many months ago now. I'd forgotten he'd chosen this particular version! Re-watched and confirmed my initial thoughts that this is a great addition to my van build:thumbsup:
I've ordered one:)

it works so easy i have a 9 mm floor already in the van i ll jack the floor up if need be to 12 mm with insulation and 3 mm altro floor covering so the runners run as flat as i can get them . carpet the inside of the bases so nothing rattles in there just cant wait to get started .

Hello Mud Digger, I remember watching that many months ago now. I'd forgotten he'd chosen this particular version! Re-watched and confirmed my initial thoughts that this is a great addition to my van build:thumbsup:
I've ordered one:)

hi Ollie it is a fantastic bit of kit how did you get on im well chuffed with it mines fitted in now and i love it its so nicely made and easy to spin the seat or sit looking out the slide door im just finishing of the insulation now and getting ready to carpet through out i ll do a write up when i finished

hi Ollie it is a fantastic bit of kit how did you get on im well chuffed with it mines fitted in now and i love it its so nicely made and easy to spin the seat or sit looking out the slide door im just finishing of the insulation now and getting ready to carpet through out i ll do a write up when i finished
I really please, like you. Wife is happy and it's exactly what she wanted. I would mention this adds some height to the passenger seat but my wife and children are shorter than me, (at the moment), so no issues. I like the fact that you can slide the seat sideways too!

Does it scrape the floor or damage it in the rearmost position?

hey Spag its really a great bit of kit and very well made it is very heavy but strong . i have mine sat on a 9 mm floor at present waiting for my new 12 mm floor to be delivered the wide wheels don't touch the floor when closed ( normal ) or when spun 360 then it just glides out into the back. the hand break stays on as not in the way. and you can sit looking out the slide door or face the opposite wall or in the back van the wife can spin it easily i ll get a clear pic to show you . i might just need to shorten the 3 lock down bolts if they protrude through into the altro and floor that's not a problem just part of fitting it
i am very pleased with it it's better than expectations regards Nick

Thanks Nick,
Just curious. I’d seen one in the past and just wondered about their efficacy. I’ve got the standard Kiravans swivel in mine at the moment. :)

Thanks Nick,
Just curious. I’d seen one in the past and just wondered about their efficacy. I’ve got the standard Kiravans swivel in mine at the moment. :)
no worries buddy i ll do a write up soon on the bits i have done i hope to fish out the side door lol was worth the few pounds more

no worries buddy i ll do a write up soon on the bits i have done i hope to fish out the side door lol was worth the few pounds more
Interested to hear your experiences. One question I have is whether this would work before I've had the bulkhead mounts removed, as it looks great?

@Andysmee I've fitted one before and I seem to recall the rear bit of the base (what the rollers attach to on the swivel) would be in the exact same position as the bulk head.

I am about to start another conversion which will be using this swivel unit will double check the measurements and post back. However I have attached a screenshot with a circled bit of what I'm on about above.

Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 07.24.12.png

Just had notification that my order is complete, by which I take it they now have stock

( How to fit the MS Craft VW T5 and T6 Double seat sliding swivel base )

First, remove the twin passenger seat.

The instructions that come with the swivel base are good, these are just illustrated steps.

PXL_20210207_113150135.jpg
Now we need to hide these connectors under the rubber floor. If you have a factory fitted leisure battery you won't have bought this base, I hope!
PXL_20210207_114442602.jpg
Remove the connectors from the frame and reconnect them, untangling the wires as best you can. Now lay them in the channel under the flap, there's more room than it looks as the seat base has a little clearance. The instructions say you can cut off the flap to make a little more space. I used TESA tape to make them fit nicely:
PXL_20210207_115937052.jpg
PXL_20210207_120028321.jpg
Now use a 20mm socket or, since mine is missing and might have been too short anyway, an adjustable spanner to remove the rear four studs from the floor. The kit comes with bolts and washers to bolt down through the new base. There are captive nuts in the floor, so really easy.
PXL_20210207_121541003.jpg
PXL_20210207_121812141.jpg
My floor's a bit low in the back just now, but the base manages all the same. I would say it would stand about a 10mm difference but you'll wear out the runners from bending them if you sit in it in the extended position.
PXL_20210207_122012906.jpg

PXL_20210207_124338478.jpg
Reattach the seat using the original nuts and the new ones that come with the kit.
And enjoy...it really is fingertip control. The seat slides sideways away from the B-pillar at the same time as spinning and/or sliding backwards. So easy to turn compared to ones which foul the handbrake etc.
PXL_20210207_124417783.jpg

I want this but no stock!! Really annoying :mad:
See above, I ordered after first commenting and it arrived not so long after. Just put the order in, if you can.

Edit: they may even make to order!

Last edited:
Back