I can’t recommend forty winks bed system enough. I had planned to be taking the frame in and out but because of the space it takes Folded up(just a large parcel shelf etc), mine stays in now.

They all look very good actually. I maybe tasked with working away again soon so I’m going to have to get one of these.

what are the mattresses like? I’ve got a van go shangri-la 15cm jobby. Can you have them without the mattress?

Yes to just the frame, have been impressed with the mattress, very comfy, and obviously fits smart when folded up

It had crossed my mind.. I wouldn’t be able to make it as neat and fit perfectly as I’d want. I’m flat out now working so haven’t got the time or the enthusiasm for it :laugh:

I knocked one up out of timber for our 1st trip and worked well (not too expensive). Also modified it so I could store my bike in the van and used that this weekend. So I have two options now...

Another vote for Van-king. Does exactly what i need it for, plus it's comfy etc.. I went with the L shaped bed, as i removed the single seat in the back which makes it easier getting in and out of the side door when the bed is down.

They all look fantastic!

the whole use for this has now changed! It was going to be for the odd occasion.. work has taken me back around the country again.. so instead of hotels I’m actually going to use the van and one of these systems. should be interesting! Better than looking at 4 walls of a hotel room.. maybe! Decent showers and electric pitches only!!

Have you fixed the units to the floor or are they freestanding? Could you attach the units to the existing lashing points?
Are you pleased with the quality?
Currently they are free standing but the two units are fixed together using bolts so they don’t slide about. I’m happy with the location in relation to the side of the van now so plan to fix them in using the tie down points then I can take them in and out when needed. Pretty happy with the quality for the price and surprisingly large amount of storage in them. I think they are a good solution for a multi use set up

Thanks for all your help.

I went for the van king in the end. Managed to get it in today. Murray is a pleasure to deal with and the quality of the bed and the service was fantastic. Can’t recommend the service. I had it delivered by someone he uses. He called me the day before and gave me a hour slot.

243A11B0-7495-4D1A-A867-543ECDF98527.jpeg

8792F975-F296-485F-BACB-390BAC6031AB.jpeg

6FC26934-12A5-4775-ACCD-B70FC5D7C39A.jpeg

A2680767-E14E-4C0E-BBB5-93440D308C25.jpeg

hi all
I know this has probably already been asked but we decided we like to get a bed in the back so we can have the odd nights away. What is everyone using or brought?? Pictures?? Iv been looking at a light weight kombi ??
cheers all

If this helps….3yrs back brought our Kombi…the aim was not to convert but use as a van when required…Brought a utility slidepod…It’s a bit of storage and a super comfy fold out bed..full width and covers the rear seats ( on a Swb )… it’s held in place using 4 bolts ( using exciting tie down points ) so easy to remove when not required…but it’s not cheap…however the mattress is really comfy ( you get to an age that comfort is key ;))

1CAED21D-277D-4938-A76B-04752D93F518.pngD8B7B265-99BC-4DA6-9CE9-889C22E98750.jpegD8376B19-0079-4D74-B89D-37813D40FC3B.jpeg
since buying the market has moved on and other version are available….

Ps…we took out the single rear seat and slidepods sold us an adaptor

I've just bought a t6 combi and want to put a shelf conecting to the rear folded down seats to create a bed ,any ideas please

Back