MikeyP

Hi all,

Considering versatile bed system for my T6 Kombi 3 bench seat version. I like the look of this as it does not impact on back storage space. Its a bit DIY but want something that is easy to install and remove as generally my T6 is just day van. Aware of other systems that require installation of frame system with false floor. Size of bed compromised but like the simplicity of it. Anyone with any experience of the Amdro products?

VW transporter triple Kombi Bed

Thanks Mike

Hi all,

Considering versatile bed system for my T6 Kombi 3 bench seat version. I like the look of this as it does not impact on back storage space. Its a bit DIY but want something that is easy to install and remove as generally my T6 is just day van. Aware of other systems that require installation of frame system with false floor. Size of bed compromised but like the simplicity of it. Anyone with any experience of the Amdro products?

VW transporter triple Kombi Bed

Thanks Mike

We had an Amdro "BootJump" bed unit in our Caddy Maxi Life. Their products are very good quality and cleverly thought out. Their designs a copied quite a lot by others.

I’ve been looking at ideas for this whole rear bed system thing.. I want one that you fold the triple bench down. Has anyone used these, owned one or knows of any good makes?

we have a proper air tent and we had a air awning. To be honest the awning was rubbish. Got rid of the air awning and thought about using the tent as it wasn’t much different to put up. if we want to use it just for a night or a weekend for the two of us then the bed is ideal.

I’ve been looking at:
Wessex vans
Forty winks
Van-king

these are similar to the ones I want, I think maybe! Open to ideas along those lines.

Amdro? Exporia? Whichever you go for bear in mind you'll have the cushions/mattress to pack/carry and then arrange and sort out.
I DIY'd a bench over the drivers side wheel arch, which had storage beneath and could be used as a seat, but hinged over to form a bed at the same height as the folded Kombi bench. A double inflatable mattress and it did us for a couple of years for £150.
Was a faff though.....

I have an ovano system getting fitted in a couple of weeks. You're welcome to pop by when you're next over this way (post 29 Sept) to have a look. Not sure how i'm gonna do internal MTBs but will work on that

The other option i was looking at was exploria, but i can see the space immediately behind the rear seats being a bit far out of reach

Exploria would be our recommend. We’ve fitted a few. Good quality as well. We can obviously supply :)

I have an ovano system getting fitted in a couple of weeks. You're welcome to pop by when you're next over this way (post 29 Sept) to have a look. Not sure how i'm gonna do internal MTBs but will work on that

The other option i was looking at was exploria, but i can see the space immediately behind the rear seats being a bit far out of reach
I was going to say how are the MTBs going to fit!! Lovely bit of kit. I saw the THQ video the other day. I think it’s way to complex for my needs though. :thumbsup:

I have seen these thanks. I need it to be relitivly simple to take in and out.
If taking in and out, I'd suggest DIY'ing a bench, like the Exploria system, that secures to the existing load points - effectively a shelf at folded seat height. Leaves maximum storage in the back.

I just want something that is simple to install and take out as I won’t have it In There all the time. Just roll out the self inflating mattress on there job done.

I’ll have a look at the ones mentioned but do the kombi seats fold down and it lays over the back of them for sleeping. Then when the bed isn’t in use can you fold the triple seat back up and fold a part of the bed section back? Cheers

If taking in and out, I'd suggest DIY'ing a bench, like the Exploria system, that secures to the existing load points - effectively a shelf at folded seat height. Leaves maximum storage in the back.
Hmmm that’s an idea but I need a materials list or a thread on here to follow! :unsure:

I went with van king after looking at all the options. Real easy and lightweight to remove when required. Comfy mattress and real quality finish. As said above also Murray is a great guy and really helpful

Back