Kombi Option - Additional Noise Suppression Measures

Ann3x

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Anyone know what this option adds? Additional Noise Suppression Measures is a £150 "Acoustic Pack" option on list but my dealer can't tell me what's actually included...

Is it just cab door sealing (which is a simple £50 retrofit if so....) or more to it than that?

So I got some confirmation from the dealer on what the option includes on the MY19 version (posting here for future ref):
  • Sound deadening in the:
    • Engine compartment
    • A pillars
    • Floor
  • Acoustic (thicker) glass in windscreen
Perhaps it'll help someone else in future.

I have this option and new t6 kombi is noticeably quieter then my last t6 kombi that didn't. Worth the money I'd say.

I guess it's just some soundproofing material behind the fascia...?
I think it was @Pauly who posted a photograph of a Caravelle B pillar with the extra soundproofing, and I seem to recall that had a layer of black foam added to the back.

Edit:
Caravelle gets some extra sound proofing parts but the only stuff I have noticed is the black sponge wadding stuff you find inside panels/voids, velles get extra bits of this wadding on rear of pillars etc to fill a bit of void space

and

Here's an example of a caravelle C pillar, you don't get that stuck on the back on kombi trims
View attachment 17108 View attachment 17109

Hi,
Resurrecting another old thread, but I’m quite confused about the noise suppression options on the kombi. I haven’t seen specific mention of the Acoustic Pack on VW’s configurator or anywhere in the brochure, however the trendline and highline also claim to have “additional noice suppression measures” as part of the Comfort Package. So is the Acoustic Pack really available on the Kombi? Trying to find out from VW but drawing a blank so far. Any help with your expertise much appreciated!

Additional noise suppression? That'll be those two little squares of foam on the door and Santa's beard wedged in the dash. You'll still have to do your own, unless part of the option is acoustic glass?

Additional noise suppression? That'll be those two little squares of foam on the door and Santa's beard wedged in the dash. You'll still have to do your own, unless part of the option is acoustic glass?

I’m asking the converter to put in all the sound deadening he can. However knowing what measures can be included on the base van would help, e.g how do you specify acoustic glass? Given the price quoted further up this thread for the Acoustic Pack it sounds like good value, and imagine this is easier at initial build time than retrofitted.

So I got some confirmation from the dealer on what the option includes on the MY19 version (posting here for future ref):
  • Sound deadening in the:
    • Engine compartment
    • A pillars
    • Floor
  • Acoustic (thicker) glass in windscreen
Perhaps it'll help someone else in future.

This turned out to be a very useful discovery. Although when I was speccing with autoebid the van we’ve just ordered, I was told this option wasn’t available on a kombi, when I placed my order and finally spoke directly to the dealership, he confirmed that it was, as a “special order”. Through this conversation I was also gratified to learn that I could get the comfort dash with colour coded panels to match the Acapulco blue, again you have to ask the dealer.

This turned out to be a very useful discovery. Although when I was speccing with autoebid the van we’ve just ordered, I was told this option wasn’t available on a kombi, when I placed my order and finally spoke directly to the dealership, he confirmed that it was, as a “special order”. Through this conversation I was also gratified to learn that I could get the comfort dash with colour coded panels to match the Acapulco blue, again you have to ask the dealer.

Glad to help. Wish I had known about the colour coded panels! Amazes me that dealers don't know this stuff and don't seem to have any process to find out.

Glad to help. Wish I had known about the colour coded panels! Amazes me that dealers don't know this stuff and don't seem to have any process to find out.

The dealer did know and mentioned both of these things, unprompted. It was the autoebid bid agent that was in the dark about it, though can’t really criticise them as otherwise they were very efficient and helpful. Mind you I can’t understand why ordering them has to be such a black art.
BTW reading about your diy conversion with interest, was fitting the extra door seals really that easy, something a complete DIY numpty could do??

My dealer didn't give me a choice on colours for my comfort dash.

My conversion has been paused for a while cos I've been moving house. Going to line the metalwork over Xmas (I hope) then variotech fitted eo Jan. lot left to do before spring.

On the door seals it's a doddle BUT drivers side door closing can be an issue with the extra seal. Seems to have happened for quite a few people, not sure why really but eventually seems to bed in somewhat.

I've just removed the ply lining in my new to me van and found this
IMG20190109104125.jpg
As I am planning on adding sound deadening and insulation, should I remove the existing stuff (looks like factory fitted and from tapping the panels it didn't sound like there was anything fitted) or stick the new stuff over it?

Well, I think I just answered my own question... that stuff ain't coming off.

It looks like factory fitted sound deadening which has then been painted over when the orange topcoat was put on..
I can't tell if it's bitumen or plastic but I only managed to chip a corner off it which told me it wasn't going to be coming off any time soon.

Back