Kombi Insurance

trouble is carl, I'm about to have it lined out......don't think Aviva will be interested?

Just carpet lined and lighting
I wouldn't have thought that would be classed as a modification ,it's just making it more comfortable ,yours already has seats and windows .
My local van centre had some of there demo vans lined out and I bet they don't class it as a modification .

Living in the sticks here in Devon I'm going with the NFU for my new Kombi Highline 140 T32. Slightly more expensive at £500 (note I've declared 18K annual miles and had a prang this year which was stupidly my fault) but no amendment fees and NO surcharge for paying monthly so actually a very reasonable quote.

They used to insure my '98 Defender 110 and were very competitive adding my teenage sons to the policy as named drivers. Might be same with a van if you trust them with it.

Ring up your local branch and deal with a human who values your business. It's a mutual so if they perform they send you an annual cheque as your share of their profits, which in my case one year was about £25 if I remember rightly.

Brentacre were £460 for a single payment, admitted a included a £50 admin fee to start the policy and subsequent £45 admin fee to renew it which seem cheeky for me to give them my custom. Split over a deposit and 10 subsequent payments with 16 percent interest (!) it worked out at £505. As I've just taken out a loan with Sainsbury Bank for part of the purchase at 3 percent APR (save 0.1 percent with nectar card over 3.1 standard rate) that's even more cheeky.

Not sure if the Aviva app knows what speed a van should be doing on a dual carriageway but armed with paperwork mentioned on the speed limit thread on this forum I intend to drive at 70 when possible, the A303 is slow progress at the best of times!

So NFU it is and try them for other insurance too, they are very competitive.

@mopardave a second for aviva. They were also no extra for 50mm lowering and changing seating to caravelle. Brentacre was 480 for the same. And I'm the same . Clean licence and 13yr ncb.440 from aviva. And that's with legal and protected ncb. Still a bit much I think but best I could get.

@carlg did you get the further discount after getting the aviva app? I'm quoted the same initial cost and would like the second one you got..

@carlg did you get the further discount after getting the aviva app? I'm quoted the same initial cost and would like the second one you got..
I did the app earlier this year ,I told them my score and they knocked the 28% discount off the £448.
She said I would have to do the app again for next year as it only lasts a year .

I did the app. Sadly I forgot to turn it off at work. 1 pursuit and 3 blue light runs later it gave up!
Classic. I'd laugh if they inform the Police that someone on their app has just broken every law in the book.

Classic. I'd laugh if they inform the Police that someone on their app has just broken every law in the book.
Haha... apparently my blue light driving style is the exact opposite of what gets you a discount!

I use every blue light drive as an opportunity to drive like I stole it - within a very careful set of guidelines of course. It may say that a reasonable speed to "make progress" is 20 mph above the posted limit where conditions permit - but it says bugger all about how quick you can accelerate, and how hard you can throw it around roundabouts!!!!!!

I use every blue light drive as an opportunity to drive like I stole it - within a very careful set of guidelines of course. It may say that a reasonable speed to "make progress" is 20 mph above the posted limit where conditions permit - but it says bugger all about how quick you can accelerate, and how hard you can throw it around roundabouts!!!!!!
It's possible that they have fitted sat nav tomtom things which score how harshly you are cornering...5 steering wheels is the top score you can get.... at least I think that's the idea!!

It's possible that they have fitted sat nav tomtom things which score how harshly you are cornering...5 steering wheels is the top score you can get.... at least I think that's the idea!!
Yep, they are steadily making their way into the fleet. :thumbsdown: Ruin all the fun.

Direct line declined due to "non-factory fitted" spolier dispite beening OEM dealer fitted!. Grrr

They wouldn't give me cover due to having pearlescent paint,been with them for years as well

Finally sorted.
£379.00 inc Windscreen cover etc etc.
Excess - £250.

More Than Business.
Checked with underwriters and have written confirmation of 204 variant. Current mods included, furture to be notified.

Finally sorted.
£379.00 inc Windscreen cover etc etc.
Excess - £250.

More Than Business.
Checked with underwriters and have written confirmation of 204 variant. Current mods included, furture to be notified.
jeeez fish..............I'm well impressed........I just clicked on the map symbol! "More Than" will cover you even though you live in a suburb of Boston U.S.A! That's customer service!;)

Back