Kombi Insurance

Direct line declined due to "non-factory fitted" spolier dispite beening OEM dealer fitted!. Grrr

Having got a good modified vehicle quote from Brentacre, I phoned up Direct Line to cancel.

I told them that I was cancelling as I was modifying my Kombi and I had heard that they only covered standard vehicles, anyway they took all the mods current and planned and came back with a price??? Which was very good considering, cheaper than the Brentacre quote (£459.00), including business use.

I'm now half expecting a call once it goes through to the underwriters, and gets rejected. But was pretty stunned as a couple of years back they even refused to cover for Winter Tyres on my Audi.

Maybe they have woken up to the world of the modified T6?

Sounds like a great price mate.. i'd keep an eye on the small print..

But good info.

Just got my 140 Kombi insured with Aviva its in my limited company name with me as named driver for £475 . This is £100 cheaper than last year with A plan and they messed me about when it got hit. One of the big compare sites only found one company to insure it so was getting worried .

I've just phoned vancompare direct for a quote on a t32 kombi 204ps swb. (Actually quoted for a 180ps because they didn't have it on the system)
Got quoted nearly £1500! Anyone have anything to compare this to?
Got mine from Safeguard; around £430. Can be abroad all year and includes fully comp with green card for Morocco!

I've just phoned vancompare direct for a quote on a t32 kombi 204ps swb. (Actually quoted for a 180ps because they didn't have it on the system)
Got quoted nearly £1500! Anyone have anything to compare this to?
£515 from NFU.

Me too quoted £731 off confused .com for t32 150 kombi business and pleasure i think thats very expensive

£370 Aviva ,204 kombi business use .
Down load aviva app ,drive steady for 200 miles and get upto 30% discount

Just spoken to Adrian Flux, best they could do was £1300.00!!!!! BTW the call to Herts 0800 number took 56minutes! and then they said they would have to phone me back....
I had my old T5.1 with flux for 5 years When i got my T6 they said they could not insure it ! Went with aviva in the end

Just got insurance with Brightside ( via Highway) for 376 and that was declaring a prang where there was no damage even tho a claim has been submitted.

JUST a mention, had I thought about it yesterday, I should have contacted NFU.....would happily pay a little extra for the service they offer!

BTW - T32/ 150 highline, Std...

Can you post the details about insurance , i need mine for new van .

NFU, National Farmers Union, all over the country, I live on the Isle of Wight so use their Newport, Isle of Wight office.
My m8 who lives in Cheshire insures his Merc Sprinter through them as he finds it cheaper than he would pay through the Cheshire office.
The Newport Isle of Wight office number is 01983 522290.
www.nfumutual.uk/one

For my Kombi I pay £366.29 +£43.00 Insurance Premium Tax = £409.29, which will go lower when I’ve had my van converted, not sure by how much yet but quite a lot as I used to insure my last Hymer with them and it was well lower

Thankyou @Caulkhead im going to ring tomorrow , I've been quoted rediculous amounts adrian flux £1658 ! For years insurance
Do you have any mods? Do i have to declare mine? Spoilers ,sidebars,18” alloys, vw media system?

Thankyou @Caulkhead im going to ring tomorrow , I've been quoted rediculous amounts adrian flux £1658 ! For years insurance
Do you have any mods? Do i have to declare mine? Spoilers ,sidebars,18” alloys, vw media system?

I’ve jst had my suspension and A&R bars changed, but it’s going in for full conversion on the 3rd April, then I have to change it to Motorhome so I’ll tell them all of my changes then.
But I also have a C6 6.0 ltr Corvette with them and pay £165 full comp & a Mercedes 1992 e500 v8 with them and that is £390 full comp, I’ve been with them with all my different cars and always found them to be pretty competitive

These sound really good ,high performace cars at good reasonable insurance rates .... how do you manage to drive all 3?

Rang NFU today and for some unknown reason the undercwriters would not touch me , they asked my occupation Im a groundworker in the building trade doing all aspects of Groundwork and they said the underwriters dont like them? Even the lass on the phone said its rediculous ....I've never been refused commerical ins before so wonder why?

Back