Kombi conversion - Crew Cab Seat Belt Install ?

SamRuby1974

Hi
Looking for some information regarding installation of rear seat belts in my T6 LWB Panel Van, which I am looking at having some Crew Cab Seats installed.
Me not been the practical type have asked a company Shire Conversions who specialize in Fiat Ducato Motorhome conversions to do this job for me .
With them specializing in Fiat and not VW they have emailed me with the following request hoping some one can help ?

Having looked at your VW transporter today, the fitting of crew cab seat belts looks fine at the bottom section of the area designated for this. As for the top section we have found no factory fitted infrastructure i.e. captive nut receivers to screw into.
We have asked a coded welder to look at this to possibly weld some in place but they are reluctant to do this work before VW look at this area and advise as to firstly whether this section of steel is suitable and can take the loads put upon it during an accident and also if this is something they would be willing to do before we attempt any further work.

I hope this email helps

Back