Kombi bench seat back board

alt

I was kneeling on the rear double seat (seat was folded flat) in my Kombi and heard a crunch... I now have a bit of a dip in it.

Does anyone know if it's posible to pit a piece of ply into the back of it like you can with the front passenger bench?

I have ordered a Kombi bed that uses the seats to form the end of the bed so I assumed I might have to do something like this even before I stupidly damaged mine.

Haven't got my kombi seats any more but I assume the covers come off just the same as a double seat? If so, take the current board out and use as a template for a new board?

Reactions: alt
Cheers drooke, I was actually having a poke around yesterday and it looks simple enough. For some reason I had assumed that the folding mechancism would interfer with things but it looks like it's all housed lower down in the seat.

Interested in this, could you take some pics as you go? I may do the same mod :thumbsup:

Cheers drooke, I was actually having a poke around yesterday and it looks simple enough. For some reason I had assumed that the folding mechancism would interfer with things but it looks like it's all housed lower down in the seat.
Did you take any pics as i’m about to do the same

Apologies, still haven't got around to doing this but I'll be sure to upload photos.

The single seat looks like it will be slightly more difficult because of the child seat hook on the back but the double bench appears to be exactly the same process as the front (apart from being slightly wider).

I was wondering whether anyone has investigated this any further. I've been thinking about trying to make more use of the folded rear double Kombi seat to double up as a table. Just need to work out a neat system to clip some ply on to the frame.

Back